I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, November 30, 2020

Monthly Mashup for November, 2020 Glasses and Payless Shoe Store


Me - My topic for this month is glasses. When I was little, I wanted to have glasses because everyone else in my family had them, When my sister would get a new pair of glasses, my parents would poke the lenses out of the old ones, and then give them to me. I would wear just the frames because I wanted to be like the rest of the family. My Dad and my sister wore their glasses all the time,. My mother only wore hers for distance. When she put her glasses on, I  insisted on putting on mine too. 

I was always losing my glasses and getting upset about it. My parents were always having to find them. 

 

When I was around 11, I needed to get actual glasses. I was not happy about it. I was so upset about it that I actually cried. I had long since outgrown my need to fit in by wearing glasses like the rest of my family. A few months after I got my first pair of actual glasses, I lost them at a theater. Then, I didn't have glasses for almost two years until the insurance would pay for a new pair. 

Now, I have glasses, and I wear them. but I hate them. They always slide down my face. Also, they are always dirty no matter how much I clean them. However, I wear them because I need them, and I cannot see well without them at least faraway. Close up I see fine.


Mom - My topic for this month is Payless Shore Store. I was recently excited to find out that Payless is back at least online. I am very much a shoeaholic and my favorite place to get shoes has always been Payless. My daughters and I just love Payless. Nowhere else can we afford to get so many pairs of shoes at a cost that we can actually afford. Before, Payless went out of business I actually looked into it, and I could not find any place to buy shoes that was comparable. All the other shoe stores I could find at least in our area had much higher prices.

When my girls and I heard Payless was closing all their stores we were devastated. However, we made it work for us. We visited our local store before they closed for good and purchased numerous pairs of shoes at their going out of business sale. We literally purchased at least 20 to 25 pairs of shoes. It was awesome!

Since that time shoe shopping just hasn't been the same. I did get a few pairs of shoes while Payless was gone, but not that many.  I couldn't afford it. 

Now, Payless is back! I don't know how long they have been back. I only heard about it a week or two ago, but I have already gotten a new pair of shoes from them in that time.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.  

Photo credits: 

photo credit 1: Timothy Valentine 2020 via photopin (license)                                                                                                photo credit 2: MIKI Yoshihito. (#mikiyoshihito) How to Repair Eyeglasses. via photopin (license)                                      photo credit 3: zeevveez Glasses Arms via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment