I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 14, 2020

Let's Talk About Packages


 Me - I love packages. They make me happy. I like it best when the packages are for me, but even when they are not it is still exciting to get packages. I love opening packages even if they are not for me. I just open packages for other people with their permission though. Otherwise, it would be rude and invasive. My mother usually lets me open her packages. She gets a lot of packages. She gets a lot of CDs and sometimes she gets clothes, or books or things to review for the blog or other things.

I usually get books. My sister and I have been ordering a lot of books. When I order books, I am very impatient about waiting. I love to be waiting for books, and I love to have something to look forward to receiving, but on the other hand, I have no patience and I don't want to be waiting for things. I wish the books could all be here as soon as I order them.

When I am waiting for a book, I am constantly checking the tracking number to see when it will arrive. The only time I ever bother getting the mail is when I know I have a package arriving. Getting a package is always so exciting!


Mom - Our family is always getting a lot of packages. I used to be the only one in the family who got a lot of packages, but now my daughters do too. They mostly get books. I get a lot of different things. Sometimes, I get things for myself like music or clothes or other things. Sometimes, I get things for the family like food or housewares. I mostly order things from Amazon because it's quick and easy, and they have everything. Occasionally, I order things from other places.

I also have a lot of things sent to me that I didn't necessarily order. I don't mean that in a bad way though. I get products to try for surveys or products to review for our blog.

My husband gets the least amount of packages in the family. Occasionally, he orders something, but that is usually for the whole family or somebody in the family. Every week, he gets his medication in the mail though. He used to pick it up at the doctor's office every week, but they started sending it during quarantine and just kept doing so. Every week when his package comes my daughter and  I get to see so excited to see a package because it never gets old to receive packages, but then when we realize it is just my husband's medication it is so disappointing.

It is also not as exciting or fun to send out packages. That is just work having to pack them up and address them and mail them. Lately, we have had to mail a lot of packages. Some of them are prizes that we have given away on our blog. Others are things we have to return. My daughters are very particular about their books, and if they don't get the copy with the cover they were expecting, they will return them. I have to return things that don't fit and /or are not right for some reason. It is annoying to have to return things, but I guess if you are going to order a lot of things that are going to be a certain percentage of things that are going to have to be returned. Also, if you order something and you paid for it, you want to be right. However, receiving packages is definitely way more fun and much less work than sending them out!


And that's our view. What is the most exciting package you've ever received?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

Photo credits:
photo credit 1:photo credit: Ed Yourdon My computer says that one kid gets *all* of this crap for Christmas! via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: Ed Yourdon OMG! All of my Amazon orders arrived today! via photopin (license)
photo credit 3: Lav Ulv BC36897 (18.02.23, Motorvej 501, Viby J)DSC_2618_Balancer via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment