I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Where-To-Go Wednesday - Delsea Drive-In Theatre

What: Delsea Drive-In

 Where: 2203 S. Delsea Drive
             Vineland, NJ

Me- I recently had the opportunity to go a drive-in movie for the first time. I had always wanted to go to a one, but I hadn't known any actually still existed. I thought they were only things from a long time ago like from the time of the movie Grease. I discovered that it is not always so comfortable to watch a movie from your own car especially when you have a small car and four people, and you are sitting in the back. My mom and I were unlucky enough to be sitting in the back of the car, and therefore, I had to sit in a really uncomfortable position to be able to see the movie. The food wasn't all that great either. The fries were kind of tasteless and the chicken was just okay. It was still a fun experience though, and I am glad I went. Besides, the movie was great. We saw Shrek which I had seen before, and I really like. The second movie was Dolittle. It started off stupidly so we left before it was over. Now, that I have been to a drive-in movie, I wouldn't go back unless I was either sitting in the front of the car or I had a portable chair to sit in.

Mom- Since the pandemic began, a lot of drive-in movies have been popping up all over as a way to get out and have fun but still maintain the proper social distancing requirements. Prior to that time, the Delsea Drive-In Theatre was the only drive-in movie theater left in the state of New Jersey. The Delsea Drive-In opened in 1949. It closed after 38 years in 1987 but reopened 17 years later in 2004. 

The theater has two screens and runs double-features on each from March through October each year and maybe even longer if the weather is especially nice and attendance warrants it. Movies do not run every day during this time period, however. The number of days per week varies depending on the time of year with the most movies per week in the summer season starting with Memorial Day weekend. During the summer season, movies run Thursdays through Sundays. 

Recent and or upcoming movies have included, Shrek along with Dolittle, Grease along with Dirty Dancing, and The Hunger Games along with Twilight. They tend to play more family-friendly movies on one screen and fare that is more suitable for adults and/or teenagers on the other. 

There is food available for purchase on the premises. However, even at the theater, food can only be ordered on through the Drive-In's app. It still has to be picked up by a member of your party though, it will not be delivered to your car at least at the present time. You can  also purchase a food permit and bring your own food if you prefer

If you do not wish to sit in your own car, you can bring portable chairs and sit in front of your car. We would recommend this if you have a small car and more than a couple people in your party. Otherwise, it may be hard for the people in the back to see over the rearview mirror and/or the people in the front's heads.

For more information or to find out the current movie schedule, visit https://delseadrive-in.com/faq.php.

Tune in tomorrow for Theater Thursday.