I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 10, 2020

Shows We Miss - Pitch Slapped


Me- Pitch Slapped was a good show. It was a reality show about two New Jersey High School groups competing in a summer invitational a capella competition. The groups were called Stay Tuned and Highland's Voices. I loved all the singing. They had really nice voices. I loved almost all the songs they did. I did not like one group better than the other. I liked them both equally. Stay Tuned was coached by Deke Sharon. He seemed really nice. Highlands Voices was coached by Diana Preisler. She seemed kind of selfish. She only thought about herself. She kept talking about how she wanted them to win for her, and she called them Team Diana. Watching the show made me want to go see an a cappella concert which I did shortly after the show ended. Pitch Slapped was really fun to watch, and I am sorry there wasn't another season.

Mom - I totally loved Pitch Slapped. In my opinion, it was the best singing show since Glee. It truly made me want to go back to high school and join an a capella group (although I am pretty sure we did not actually have an a capella group in my high school ) or at least a Glee Club. New Jersey High School a cappella Groups Highland's Voices and Stayed Tuned were both very talented. I especially loved when Highland's Voices sang Geronimo and when they sang Lips Are Movin'. As for Stayed Tuned, I loved when they sang Love Shack and when they sang Drift Away. I want to be in an a cappella group led by Deke Sharon who led Stay Tuned. He seems like the nicest person in the world. He really seemed to care about his singers, and they adored him in turn. Deke actually is probably one of the most well-known if not the most well-known person in the a cappella world. He worked on all the Pitch Perfect movies as well as In Transit, the first a cappella Broadway musical. I would not want to work with Highland's voice's coach, Diana Preisler, however. She had her moments when she seemed to care about her team but mostly she seemed more concerned with the way how well they did or didn't do was going to reflect on her. She actually called her team "Team Diana." Deke never called his team by anything other their name "Stay Tuned." All in all, the show was great fun to watch, and I'm sorry it only lasted one season.

And that's our view? What song do you like to sing a cappella or do you like to hear sung a cappella?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.
photo credit: Antonio TwizShiz Edward <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/16082542@N00/2610247374">Musical+notes on Flickr & Viddler Groups: Music Only</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/">(license)</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment