I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 31, 2020

Monthly Mashup for August, 2020 Birthdays and Meghan Trainor


Me - My topic for this month is birthdays because tomorrow is my birthday. When I was little, it was exciting to have a birthday. Now, that I am older it's not as exciting anymore. I don't like getting older, and I don't usually get presents right on my birthday or that many presents at all. Usually, I see a Broadway show on my birthday which is exciting. This year since there aren't any Broadway shows I am not going to be able to. I am not happy about that. It is really disappointing because for the past three years I have seen a show on my birthday, and I was planning on continuing the tradition. However, I can't. I do like getting a cake on my birthday. I like to get an ice cream cake. I don't like regular cakes as much because I don't like icing very much, but I love ice cream cake. I love Carvel ice cream cakes because I love cake crunchies. We always get extra crunchies for my birthday. Now, that I am older I usually get money for my birthday which I like to use for getting theater tickets and/or books. I guess birthdays are still okay, but not as good as when I was younger.


Title Thank You (Deluxe) TREAT MYSELF [Explicit]

Mom - My topic for this month is Meghan Trainor. Meghan Trainor is a good singer. She is a good role model for young girls because not only is she not a skinny little toothpick herself, but she encourages young girls that they don't have to be either. Her first song All About That Bass, in particular, reinforces this attitude. She is also a good role model because she is a very confident poised young woman. It is hard to believe that she is only in her twenties. She seems much older and more mature than that. She and the singer, Adele are very similar in that way. In addition to All About That Bass I especially like the songs Lips Are Movin, Dear Future Husband, Credit, and Title which were also on her first album. Before, I heard the song Title I couldn't even imagine what a song called Title would be about or why somebody would call their album that.  With that album, she had kind of an old fashioned vibe which I liked. It was different than most if not all other singers of her age at that time. However, her subsequent albums have been more mainstream and more like so many other singers out there. She is still a good role model, but to me, she has lost her uniqueness as a singer.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

Birthday cake photo credit:colemama <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/33901022@N00/13806668883">05 Birthday</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/">(license)</a>