I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, May 4, 2020

Let's Talk About People Magazine


Me - I like that People Magazine is not just a bunch of gossip and rumors. I usually don't read the magazine from cover to cover, but I do like to read parts of it. It depends on what article they have. Sometimes, I don't even get to read it at all if my Mom gives it to my aunt before I get to read it.  I like the articles about famous people or TV shows especially famous people that I like and TV shows that I like. I especially love to read about the former casts members of Friends, Lea Michele and Anna Kendrick because I love the show Friends and Lea Michele and Anna Kendrick are my favorite actresses. I also love to read about Kate Middleton and her children. I like to look at cute pictures of celebrities' kids and their pets. I love looking at the pictures in People Magazine.  I  have liked looking at the fashion since I was little. My Mom and sister and I like to look at the fashion together, and we like to say what we like and dislike, do we like the outfit, do we like the hair, do we like the shoes, do we like the jewelry etc.  People Magazine is a very good magazine to read if you want to read about celebrities and you're not looking for a tabloid.


Mom - I love People Magazine. I had a subscription to it for a long time.Then for a while, I got them from my best friend but now I have a subscription again.  I had a subscription for so long that before my friend started getting  her subscription and I was buying them at the newsstand for a while, I was shocked at what they were selling for. Before, I had my subscription when I used to buy individual copies, they were about $1.50 an issue. It is a lot more than that now. I like the way people has articles on both famous people and non famous people. I like the way all of the pages of an article are together, and you do not have to flip to another page somewhere in the back of the magazine to finish what you are reading. I love the section where they tell you who got married, who had a baby, who died, who is in trouble with the law etc. I also like the the celebrity scoop section.  I used to like the reviews but they don't really do that anymore, they just tell you what they recommend but they do not review everything. I do not like the section where they give you recipes and decorating tips and stuff. If I wanted those kinds of things I would read Good Housekeeping or something. I do  like all the fashion though. My girls and I like to look at the fashions throughout the magazine and not just in the sections and articles where they specifically talk about fashion. I like the crossword puzzle and the double take puzzle where you have to spot the differences between two pictures too. The double takes are usually pretty hard but the crossword puzzles are not. I also like People.com. I especially like the fashion there. Sometimes, they have a thing where you have to say who you think wore an outfit best or they have another thing where you say if you think somebody's outfit is a hit or a miss. I also like the quizzes on how well you know different celebrities. I don't usually have as much time as I used to to go on People.com anymore. I always find time to read the magazine though. I like to read the print copy of it. If hard copies of magazines ever completely went away, People would be what I would miss most.




And that's our view. What is your favorite magazine or e-zine?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

Stay well! Stay safe!