I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 29, 2018

Monthly Mash-up for January, 2017 Hot Chocolate and Change

Me - My topic for this month is hot chocolate. I am obssessed with hot chocolate. It is one of my favorite things. The only thing I liked about the cold is drinking hot chocolate. I like very chocolately hot chocolate. I love the little marshamallows in hot chocolate even though I don't like regular marshmallows. I drink hot chocolate both with the little marshamallows or without it. I don't like white hot chocolate. I do like candy cane flavored hot chocolate. I also like caramel flavored hot chocolate. Once we had a whole case of caramel flavored hot chocolate. That was great, but I prefer just regular milk chocolate flavored hot chocolate. I like both hot chocolate that you make in coffeemaker with a pod or hot chocolate that you make using a packet. It just depends on the brand Some brands don't taste as good as others. My favorite brand is Swiss Miss. Over all, I absolutely love hot chocolate.

Mom - My topic for this month is change. My older daughter doesn't like change at all. However, there are all kinds of change. Some change is necessary. Time marches on, and we are all going to get older whether we want to or not. Some change is good. Some things actually change and improve. Like when one person invents something and then others keeping on adding things to it that make it even better. Some change is unecessary and sometimes even bad like the way they are always updating apps and some of the changes don't even make sense or are downright annoying. My problem with change is that it just seems like there is too much change too often these days. You hardly get used to something and then before you know it things are completely different. I would not want to go completely go back to a time when technology wasn't such a big part of our life. However, I sometimes wish life could be at least a little bit slower and change didn't happen quite so fast or quite so often.