I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, May 30, 2016

Monthly Mash-up May, 2015 - Classic Books and Toys R Us and Times Square

Me - My topic for this month is classic books. Lately, I have been into classic books. I read Tuck Everlasting. I was inspired to read it because I saw the Broadway show which I loved. Now, I am reading Because of Winn Dixie. I was inspired to read that because I saw the movie. After I read that book I will read Alice Through the Looking Glass. I want to read that just because I like Alice in Wonderland and just because I am on a roll with classic books. I am also reading The Wizard of Oz books. I have them all on Kindle. I have just really been in the mood to read classic books lately. Some my Mom read and recommended to me. Some she hasn't read, but I read and recommend to 01her. I love reading classic books and everyone should occasionally take a break from modern books and read a classic book.

Mom - My topic for this month is Toys R Us and Times Square. Until recently, there was a huge Toys R Us in Times Square. I really miss it.  We never really shopped there even though I am sure you could have found any toy you could possibly want there. It was a great places to kill time though.They had a giant Ferris wheel. We never really went on that  though because it was too expensive. I think it was $5.00 just for just one person. There were all kinds of giant Lego creations. They were always having demonstrations of different toys and things. It was fun to see all that stuff. However, that's not really why I miss the Toys R Us.  I miss it because all the tourists spent a lot of time there. Now, that it is gone Times Square itself and all the other stores in the area have gotten a lot more crowded. Also, I miss the Toys R Us for another reason. They have a lot of people dressed up like different characters, for example, Elmo, Hello Kitty, the Statue of Liberty, and various Super Heroes etc.,  who hang out in Times Square waiting for people to pay them to have their picture taken with Elmo or Hello Kitty or whoever they are supposed to be. The people dressed up like various characters used to hang out mostly in front of the Toys R Us. Now, they are everywhere, and they have gotten more annoying than ever.  It's like everywhere you go there is somebody trying to get you to pay them to have your picture taken with them.  Since they Toys R US has only been gone a short time, they haven't put anything else its spot yet. I hope whatever they do end up putting in there is somewhere a lot of people want to spend time like they did in the Toy R Us and somewhere that the costumes characters will want to hang out so Times Square goes from being extremely overcrowded and annoying all the time to just being regular crowded..

And that's our view. What's on your mind. Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment