Friday, May 27, 2016
Funtivity Friday - Finger Print Drawings
On Tuesday we talked about a couple of books that help you create artwork out of finger prints. For more about that going to Tips for Tuesday: Finger Print Books. However, even if you don't have access to these books you can still create pictures out of finger prints. Below are some examples of finger print pictures we created on our own:
What You Will Need:
Different color inkpads and/or paint
Crayons and/or markers (optional)
What to do to create a finger print drawing
1) Color your finger with ink or paint
2) Place the inked or painted finger onto paper.
3) Add more finger prints as necessary to create the picture you want.
4) Draw or paint in additional details as necessary.
To create a balloon picture like the one above:
1) Make 6 finger prints of different colors on a piece of paper group 3 together and leave a space between the two groups.
2) Below and to the middle of the two groups make two finger prints of the same color one on top of the other.
3) Draw a face on the top finger print and hair on the top of the top finger print.
4) Draw four lines for arms and legs coming out of the bottom finger print.
5) Draw little hands on the arms.
6) Draw lines coming out of the six finger prints at the top of the page for strings attach them to the hands of the figure below.
7-12) Repeat steps 1-6 on the other side of the page.
9) Draw tiny figures on the ground below.
To create a nature picture like the one above:
1) Make one finger print in the middle of the page slightly below the top of the page.
2) Make two fingerprints together in the middle of the page towards the bottom.
3) Draw legs, a tail, and a beak on the finger print at the top of the page.
4) Draw a face on the first finger print on the bottom of page including ears on top of the finger print.
5) Draw legs and a tail on the second finger print at the bottom of the page.
6) Make a blue sky across the top of the page by dragging a blue ink or paint covered finger across the top of the page,
7) Make a sun by creating a yellow finger print at the top corner of the page.
8) Make the suns rays by dragging a yellow ink or painted colored finger down from the sun.
9) Draw lines for grass by making stripes of green across the page by dragging a green ink or paint colored finger vertically down the page below the finger near the bottom of the page.
To create your own finger print drawing:
Just let your imagination run wild.
Enjoy! Keep watching this blog for a chance to win one of the Finger Print books we talked about on Tuesday. An opportunity to try and win one or both of them will be coming up in the next couple of months. Tune in tomorrow for a Saturday Special.