I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tips for Tuesday - Movies : McFarland USA

This post may contain affilate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, we will be compensated.
Me - Today I am recommending McFarland USA. McFarland USA is a good movie. It is a movie about a man and his family who move to a new town and he starts a cross-country team at the High School.  I liked how close everyone in the town was and how they pulled together to support the team despite the fact that it was a really poor town, and they had never had a cross-country team before. This movie made me feel good and inspired.
Mom - Today I am also recommending McFarland USA. It is one of the based on a true story sports movies which I totally love. It is uplifting. It makes you laugh, and it makes your cry. However, this movie is a little different  than most typical sports movies I have seen. First of all,  the movie is about cross country track. I don't think I have ever seen a movie about cross country track before. Also, at the beginning the main character, Jim White, a high school football teacher turned track coach, is not very likable. I like the way his character grows and changes over the course of the movie. Also, this movie is more than just a movie about sports. It is a movie about a town. It is a town where even though it seems like they don't have anything, they have a lot. Not only does everybody know everybody else; everybody watchs out for everybody else. Once you are one of them, you will be one of them for life in a good way. There may be a lot of places that there are better off financially but those places are not necessarily better off in a lot of other ways. I wish I lived in a place where people really cared about each other like  McFarland USA, at least McFarland USA as it is portrayed in this movie.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment