I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tips for Tuesday - Movies: Parental Guidance and Rush

 
Me- Today I am recommending Parental Guidance. It was a really good movie. It was funny. It was about grandparents who want to get close with their only daughter's kids. The daughter has to have them babysit for her kids while she and her husband go away. However, she is not happy about it. The plot was good. The acting was good. All the actors were really funny. If your looking for a good family film, than this is the movie for you.
Mom - Today I am recommending Rush. It is a movie about the rivalry between Formula 1 Race Car drivers Niki Lauda and James Hunt. I love that this movie has enough plot interspersed with the car racing scenes to keep it from being one long action sequence. I also like that each of the men is portrayed in realistic manor with both flaws and likeable characteristics. There is no hero and there is no villain in this story. There are just two very real men, and the actors who play these two men do an excellent job of it. That is why I would recommend this movie.

And that's our view. Tune in to tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday.