I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, May 26, 2014

Monthly Mash-up for May, 2014: My Hamster and How Times Flies

Me- My topic for this month is my sparkly unicorn baby AKA my pet hamster, Sparkles.  She is really cute. She is two inches long. She is white with a little bit of gray down her back so when I put her in her hamster ball she looks like a tiny pig. She hated me  at first. She wouldn't let me hold her. Now, she likes me. She lets me hold her. One bad thing about having her, however, is that our kittens are not allowed to sleep in my room or even come in my rooom anymore. At night, I take my hamster's wheel out of her cage so she can't make a lot of noise and keep me up. It isn't like I thought it would be to have a hamster. I thought that she would want me to hold her more and that if I put food in my hand she would immediately walk into it. However, it isn't like that all. Even when she is in her cage, she spends a lot of time hiding in her tube. Also, I am not looking forward to cleaning her cage which I haven't done yet. Over all, though it was worth to get my hamster, and I would do it all over again because I really love her.

Mom - My topic for this month is how quickly time flies. I saw a little girl of about two or three and her mother in the supermarket the other day, and it made me miss having kids that little. I mean, of course, I love my kids at any age but there is just something so sweet and innocent about kids that young. They haven't gotten all that attitude yet that older kids have. I miss having little kids home with me all day or at least half the day. I was never one of those mothers who couldn't wait for my kids to go to school. I enjoyed when they were in preschool and kindergarten and still spent at least part of the day with me. When my youngest daughter was going into first grade, I was so sad that she wasn't going to be home with me anymore. Of course, as soon as kids start full-time school they start to develop that annoying attitude that school age kids have which seems to get worse with age. I have a theory that it is that way on purpose so you don't miss them as much when they are at school. I mean I don't want my kids the way they are now home with me all day every day. They would drive me crazy. I don't mind having them around for breaks during the school year and in the summer, but if we were all together all the time we would drive each other crazy.  I miss the sweet little kids they used to be. I miss having those kids home with me all day. Of course, I want my kids to grow and mature and eventually become responsible adults. However, there is another part of me that just would have liked them to stay my sweet little babies forever.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment