I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Lori Belilove and the Isadora Duncan Dance Company Celebrate Isadora

 


 We were not financially compensated for this post. We were provided with free tickets to Lori Belilove and the Isadora Duncan Dance Company Celebrate Isadora. The opinions expressed here are our own based on our experience attending the show.

Me- Lori Belilove and the Isadora Duncan Dance Company Celebrate Isadora, wow! It was really fun at Lori Belilove and the Isadora Duncan Dance Company's Celebrate Isadora dance show. I really enjoyed myself. The dancers were really good. They looked really pretty and graceful. My favorite of the dances reminded me of a Hawaiian dance. They all looked really happy and were having fun. In the other dances, they kind of looked sad or really serious. Some of the dances got a little longer than others, but I still enjoyed all of them. I especially enjoyed the more upbeat dances. The dancers were barefoot the entire time. They changed costumes a lot though. The costumes were mostly nice, and they were a lot of different colors. Before the show, there was a preshow. It was all these little girls dancing. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. There were these two girls who looked to be about two or three. One was a little blonde girl with two ponytails, one was a little brown haired girl with one ponytail. They were the cutest things ever. I wanted to take them home with me. After the show, we went to an after party. They had a lot of good food. I really had fun at the dance show.

Mom - The only kind of dance shows I saw previously were the ballets my grandmother used to take me to when I was young. Although I had heard of Isadora Duncan, I did not know that much about her or her style of dance. Therefore, it was nice that when we saw this show, they not only danced so that we got the opportunity to see what her style of dance was like they also had narration that explained a lot about Isadora and her life. All I knew about her previously was that she was a dancer and allegedly she was killed when a long scarf she was wearing got caught under the wheels of a car and strangled her. The dancers in this show were very beautiful and graceful. I loved all their beautiful colorful costumes. I especially liked the more happy upbeat dance numbers. The little girls who performed during the warm up were adorable. We didn't quite understand why there was one little boy among the girls. It reminded me of Billy Elliot, however. After the show, there was a reception. I couldn't believe how much food there was there, and it was all very delicious. We had the opportunity to meet Lori Belilove. I didn't have much time to talk to her, but she was a lovely gracious person. We will be featuring an interview with her in a future post. All in all, it was a good night, and we had a lot of fun.

And that's our view. What is your favorite style of dance?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.