I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Jenkinson's Aquarium


Me - Jenkinson's Aquarium, wow! I liked Jenkinson's Aquarium. I especially liked the penguins and the seals. There wasn't anything I didn't like. I liked going on a guided tour at the Aquarium. It was interesting. I liked the way they use beads to tell the different penguins apart. My favorite animal was Lucy the blind seal. We got to touch a bunch of different animals including a hermit crab and a sea urchin. It was fun. They all felt really different. We had to wash our hands before we touched the animals but we couldn't use soap. I didn't know that there were that many kinds of different sharks. This aquarium even has monkeys. I only saw one, but it was really cute. It also has birds. The birds were pretty. This was the second time I had been to Jenkinson's Aquarium, but last time we didn't get to see the penguins. I liked it better this time seeing the penguins. I am glad I got to see them. I am also glad they still have Lucy the seal. It was fun.


Mom- We recently visited Jenkinson's Aquarium in Pt. Pleasant, New Jersey for the second time. This time we were with Aurella's Brownie Troop so we took the tour. Last time, we went around on our own. I liked going around on our own. However, I liked going on the tour too. The guide was very informative, and I learned a lot of things. For instance, I did not know that Starfish are no longer called Starfish because they are not fish. Now they are referred to as Sea Stars. I was really glad we got the opportunity to see the penguins this time. Last time, they were doing work on the penguins enclosure, and we didn't get to see them. Jenkinson's Aquarium is know for their penguins. The penguins were really cute.They are warm weather penguins. They are African penguins. Some how I don't think of penguins as being warm weather birds. However, I learned that there are many different kinds of penguins, and some of them are warm weather penguins. In fact, I think most of them are.   It was also interesting to learn about how the colorful beads on the side of each penguin's wings were like name tags. The placement and color of the beads indicates whether the bird is a male or a female and who its mother and father are. I also especially enjoyed seeing the seals again especially the blind seal Lucy. One nice thing about being on the tour this time is that we got to know a lot of the names of the animals. I don't remember any of them now though except for Lucy, the seal and the Marmoset monkey named Stinky. Anyway, the worst part about being on the tour was that it seemed to go by so quick.  It felt like we had hardly gotten there when it was time to leave.

And that's our view. What is your favorite part of visiting an aquarium?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.