I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Fantasticks

Me - The Fantasticks, wow! I liked this show a lot. It was a really good story about next door neighbors who fall in love and their fathers who seem to hate each other.  My favorite character was El Gallo. I also liked the girl a lot. Her name was Luisa. I really liked all the characters though. It was a really funny show. The theater was smaller than I am used to. That is because it is considered an off Broadway. I had never been to an off Broadway show before. I liked that the theater was smaller. The show was as good as almost any Broadway show I have been to.  We had really great seats in the front row. I accidentally kicked one of the performers by accident when he ran right by me. Another time, he accidentally hit me with his cape when he went by me. Still another time, he winked at me when he went by. The music was all really good too. I liked all the songs. I really enjoyed this show.

Mom - The Fantasticks is a really good show. It has a good characters, a good story and a really good songs. It is one of the those rare shows where I actually like every song in the show. I never saw the original off Broadway production of The Fantasticks. The first time I saw the Fantasticks I was 11 years old. My Dad was in it in the community theater. He played El Gallo.  I liked it then.  I still like it now. I am glad that I got to see the Off Broadway production this time. It was really well done. The acting and singing were both good. We had really good seats in the front row. There wasn't really a stage just a little bit of a raised platform. A lot of the action took place in front of the platform though. The actors kept waking right by us all the time. We loved the girl, Luisa's costume. It was a really pretty white dress. Melia and I always notice things like that. We watch Award shows and look at magazines partly just to see the clothes. The actress who played the girl is just out of college. Pretty impressive to get right out of college and get a job right away like that when you are in the acting field. I used to want to be an actress for a while when I was younger. However, I would have had to have a little more talent and a lot more guts. Instead, I became a paralegal. I haven't done that for a while though, and I don't miss it. I like what I am doing now being a Mom and blogging. 

And that's our view. What was the last good show that you saw or what show would you like to see?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.