I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cinderella on Broadway

Me -I like Cinderella a lot. It was really good. The music was really good also. I don' have a favorite song because there were a lot of really good ones that I really like, My favorite character in the show is Cinderella. I also really liked the Fairy Godmother and the Prince. The Prince had a really long name. I liked a lot of parts of the show. One part I liked was when Cinderella took off her shoe. The Prince backed away because he thought she was going to throw it at him, but she just put it down on the steps. I also liked a lot of other parts  a lot, too many to say. It was a really good show. The costumes were really pretty. I don''t understand why the Fairy Godmother had horns though. My favorite costumes were the dresses Cinderella wore to the ball and the banquet. I think that this was better than other Cinderella's I have seen because it was different. It was more funny. The other versions weren't really funny at all. I liked that one sister was nice to Cinderella unlike in other versions where both sisters were mean. Nobody was really evil in this in this one not even the stepmother and the stepsisters. The one sister was nice and the other sister and the mother were kind of mean but not really evil. I like how the stepmother kept saying things like "Come on, real daughters" or "daughters that count." I thought that was really funny. The nice sister was so nice that she even offered to let Cinderella go to the banquetl instead of her. The mean sister was just kind of silly and not very smart. She didn't even recognize the Prince at first. Over all, it was a really really really really good show.*

*The above is guest post by little sister, Aurella

Mom - I wouldn't say that Cinderella on Broadway was the best show I've ever seen. However, it was enjoyable except maybe for Melia who came down with the flu literally in the middle of the show and slept through the entire second act. That is why Aurella is guest posting today. I liked that in this version of the show the heroine is somewhat fiesty. Her stepmother is mean but not quite evil. The sisters are not really evil either. One is not even mean. Here the story is about more than just Cinderella meeting her prince. It is reminiscent of Pretty Women as well as Ever After, another version of the Cinderella story, in that the Prince doesn't only rescue Cinderella but in a way she rescues him too. While there were no famous stars from other media appearing in the show when we saw it, there were many well known and experienced theater actors, such as, Rebecca Luker and Harriet Harris. Rebecca Luker was previously nominated for three Tony awards among other awards. Harriet Harris  won a Tony for her portrayal of Mrs. Meers in the stage version of Thoroughly Modern Millie. I was much happier to see actors the caliber of these than actors who were only put in to the show to sell tickets. I'm glad I got to see the show when I did.

And that's our view. What is your favorite version of the Cinderella story?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.