I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 20, 2014

Golden Globes 2014

Me - Golden Globes 2014, wow! I didn't actually see most of the movies up for awards. I do watch a few of the TV shows, but not that many. Even though I did not see most of the movies or watch most of the shows, I still like to watch awards shows to see what everybody is wearing. This year the clothes were terrible. They were all really ugly. I paticularly didn't like this red dress that looked like a cape. I only liked like two outfits. I liked Reese Witherspoon's dress. I also liked some of the clothes that Amy Poehler and Tina Fey wore. Amy and Tina were really funny. I especially liked when Amy Poehler dressed up and pretended to be Tina Fey's son. I also liked they're joke about the Olympics. I liked when Amy Poehler was kissing Bono even though I don't really know who Bono is. I was disappointed that The Big Bang Theory didn't win best comedy. Over all, it was okay but not very exciting.

Mom- Today is kind of a special day for us. It is our third blogoversary. Exactly three years ago today we started this blog. We will talk more about our blogoversary in a future post. Today we are talking about the Golden Globes since our very first post was about the 2011 Golden Globes.  On the whole, this year's Golden Globes were not very exciting. The fashion wasn't very exciting. I mean it wasn't outrageously bad or horrifying or anything. It was just kind of boring. There was not one outfit that stood out. The day after I saw the show I couldn't remember what anyone was wearing.  I hardly saw any of the movies that were nominated for awards. I did see a few of the movies but I don't think any of the movies I actually saw won anything. There are other movies that were up for Golden Globes that I haven't seen but I would like to see though. I don't think I watch any of the TV dramas that were up for awards. Of course, I think a lot of them are cable TV series, and we don't get any pay cable channels so I never see them. I do watch some of the TV comedies that were up for awards, but again I don't think any of the shows I watch won anything. I was particularly disappointed that The Big Bang Theory didn't win for best TV comedy. It is a great show that is only getting better as it gets older. I am sure I am not the only one who thinks so judging by it's consistently high ratings. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were okay, but I thought they were funnier last year. The rest of the presenters banter was boring and stupid like it usually is.  All in all, the whole thing was kind of a waste of my time, and if I hadn't seen the show I don't think I really would have missed all that much.

And that's our view. What show or movie or performer do you think should have won a Golden Globe this year, but didn't?