I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, November 4, 2013

Yestercades

Me - Yestercades, wow! Yestercades is a really fun place. I went there for a family friend's birthday party. I liked the fact that they have something for everyone. By that I mean, they have old arcade games, they have new electronic games like Wii and X Box, and they have board games. I like the arcade games Pac Man and Ms. Pac Man. They also had Baby Pac Man, but it was stupid. I didn't play any of the Wii or X Box games. I liked the board games. I played Jenga. I played Battleship. We didn't have time to finish that because we had to go eat pizza and have cake. I would have liked to play Clue and Let's Go Shopping. I actually would have liked to play all the board games. They all sound interesting and fun. My family thought maybe one day we will go there just by ourselves. My dad really enjoyed the arcade games. My sister and my mom and I enjoyed the board games. We thought it would be fun to go without the time limit of a birthday party. In the party room, there were more games. One of them was a baseball game from the 90s. My mom really loved it. She said she wanted to get a truck and steal it. She looked it up on e-bay, and they had one for like $600.00. She didn't buy it, of course. She said if we ever win the lottery we are going to. Maybe, we will just buy Yestercades, if we win the lottery.


Mom - Having never been a video game enthusiast, I went to Yestercades not expecting much at all. I was pleasantly surprised. I mean sure they had plenty of arcade games, but there was so much more. There were all kinds of video gaming systems with numerous games from each available to play. That didn't really interest me personally so much either. I prefer board games.  There were a bunch of those available to play too. I would most have liked to play Trivial Pursuit which has always been my favorite board game, but it would have been unfair to play against my two girls who haven't been alive as long as me and haven't accumulated as much trivia. My husband was off playing video games himself . Even though I have never know him to be much of a gamer, he was like a kid in a candy store in Yestercades. Instead, Aurella and I played a board game called Lets Go Shopping which neither of us had ever heard of. Melia and I played Battleship. I would have liked to play more board games. They had so many good ones Clue, Operation, and Perfection to name just a few. Unfortunately, we did not discover the board games until almost the end of our visit. There was one arcade game there that I actually liked.  Actually, like is not a strong enough word. There was one arcade game that I totally loved. It was a 1999 World Series baseball game featuring the two teams that actually played in the 1999 World Series and their players including David Cone, my all-time favorite baseball player. Never in my life have I wanted to steal something so much. Unfortunately, I wasn't carrying a pocketbook and even if I was I couldn't exactly fit a full size arcade game in to it. Later, I found one of the same game on e-bay for only $625.00 and as soon as I robber a bank or hit the lottery I'll  look into getting one right away.

And that's our view. What kind of games do you like?