I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, November 28, 2013

What We're Thankful For

Me - What I'm thankful for, wow! I'm thankful for my family. Even though we tease each other and fight, we always are there for each other. I'm thankful for my friends who I have tons of fun with. They are also always there for me. I'm thankful for the creator of Friends because it is the best show in the world. I'm thankful for having shelter and the warmth it provides for me. I'm thankful for books because I love to read. I'm thankful for food because I like food. I'm especially thankful for French Toast. I'm thankful for desserts because I love sweets.  I especially love cupcakes. I'm thankful for drinks because my throat hurts a lot and drinks help especially water. I'm thankful for makeup because it makes my face actually look nice for a change. I'm thankful for TV because I love to watch. Besides, if it wasn't for TV there'd be no Friends, and Friends is the best show ever! I'm thankful for the microwave. I'm thankful for Broadway shows because it is really fun to go see them. It is fun to be right there and see them acting right in front of you. I'm thankful for pencils because they have erasers so you don't have to start all over again when you mess up. I'm thankful for computers because even though I have a typewriter, and I like it, computers are much easier to use especially if you have to go back and start over. I'm thankful for early Homo Sapiens who invented language because I love to talk. I'm thankful that I live in the 21st Century because if I didn't who knows what my life would have been like.

Mom- I'm thankful for so many things. Of course, first and most I am thankful for the love and support of my family. They make my life so much better so much happier so much more fun. I'm thankful for a roof over my head and a place to sleep. I'm thankful for heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer. I'm thankful for books because I love to read. I'm thankful for computers because I love to write and computers make it so much easier. They also make it so much easier to find information and to buy things. I'm thankful for Amazon and E-bay because they also make it so much easier to buy things.  I'm thankful for music because I love to sing, and I love to listen to music. I'm thankful for mp3s because it makes it so much easier to take all my favorite songs and put them together and carry them around with me. I'm thankful for e-readers because they do the same thing with books. I'm thankful for the microwave because it makes cooking so much easier and more convenient. I'm thankful for the color purple not the movie or the book or even the Broadway show but literally the color. I'm thankful for Broadway shows, and Off-Broadway shows, and sometimes even community theater because there is nothing like live theater. I'm thankful for Oreo cookies, Lindor white chocolates, Nestles toll house cookie ice cream sandwichs and all those things that are so bad and yet taste so good.  I also hate those things because I can't stay away from them like I should. I'm thankful for blue skies and rainbows, and rare perfect days. I'm thankful for blogging because it gives me the opportunity to write which I love and to share my writing, and now it is giving me so many other opportunities too. I am thankful for so many many things.

And that's our view. What are you thankful for?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.