I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Monster Mini Golf

Me - Monster Golf, wow!  Monster Golf was a lot of fun. It was better than I expected. There was so much more than just golf. There were a lot of video games too, and you could win tickets for prizes. I never played golf in the dark before. It was fun. The pretend monsters at all the golf holes were a little scary to my sister, but not so much that she didn't want to play except for at one hole. I didn't like the 9th hole because it was really hard and my Mom and sister and I couldn't get the ball in at all. Only my Dad could do that hole. I like the glow in the dark golf balls. The games were fun too. I didn't really have a favorite. I really wanted to play more games but my Dad wouldn't let me recharge my game card. Next time, I would like to play more of the games. The prizes you could win for playing the games weren't so good, but it was still fun to play the games. There were also things you could buy. I liked that stuff better than the prizes you could win. I would recommend Monster Golf as a really fun place to go.

Mom - Monster Golf was a lot more fun than I expected it to be. Part of it was just because of me. The last time, I played miniature golf I just rushed everything and did terrible. This time I took my time and remembered not to overswing and stuff, and I did a lot better. However, also it was just generally a lot of fun. I liked the glow-in-the dark balls. I like the creepy monsters adorning every hole that were just scary enough without being too scary. I liked the music playing in the background. I like the songs that were playing and I also liked  that the music was just loud enough without being too loud. I liked the perodic contests that were run throughout our time at Monster Golf, such as, who had a golf ball of certain color or who could answer a certain trivia question. I like that the prizes awarded were actually useful like a free pass for a future visit or tickets that could be redeemed for prizes. I like that there was other things to do besides play golf. However, I also didn't like that because sometimes it hard to drag the kids away from video games. I liked that there weren't really a lot of high value prizes that could be redeemed with winning game tickets. That makes it easier for kids to set a goal of what they would like to be able to redeem and then actually be able to reach that goal then it would be if there were a lot of higher priced items. I like that most of the stuff for sale was reasonably priced too. However, I didn't entirely like that there were things for sale at all because sometimes kids think that just because things are available to be bought that means they need to get something. That leads to fighting, whining and carrying on. I like the way the decor of the place contributed to the Monster theme. I think that I could probably visit a bunch of times before I would notice everything. That gives me a good reason to go back although I probably would anyway because it was a lot of fun.

And that's our view. What is your favorite monster?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.