I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tips for Tuesday - Movies: Monsters, Inc. and Captain Phillips

Me - Today I am recommending Monsters, Inc. Monsters, Inc. is a movie about a little girl who gets into the monster world. Two monsters try to get her back into the human world and along the way they befriend her. It is a very good movie and was my favorite for many years when I was young. I would recommend it for ages 2 to 10.

Mom - Today I am recommending Captain Phillips. Even though we all already know how the movie turns out it still keeps you on the edge of your seat. Tom Hanks gives another Oscar worthy performance and he is equally matched by Barkhad Abdi as the leader of the Somali Pirates. It is hard to believe that Barkhad is making his film debut and has never even acted before. I am sure this move will be nominated for Oscars, and you should definitely see it.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday