I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tips for Tuesday - Books: My Sister the Vampire and A Girl Named Williow Krimble

Me - Today I am recommending My Sister the Vampire. This is a series of books about two girls, Ivy and Olivia. Ivy is a vampire and Olivia is not. They are sisters who were separated at a year old because there father wanted to protect them. They meet up again on the first day of middle school and find out they are sisters. No human can know about vampires but Ivy makes an exception and tells Olivia. This is one of my favorite book series. It is not just your average vampire book. They are just like average middle school girls even though one of the them is a vampire. So if you have a kid who is interested in this kind of thing, get them this series, I guarantee they'll love it.

Mom - Today I am recommending A Girl Named Willow Krimble by Giuseppe Bianco. This is a book about a girl who discovers she has the power to heal. I did not think I was going to like this book so I had it for a long time before I read it. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The book is very enjoyable and Willow is  a very likeable character. I admire the way she always perseveres. Willow is definitely a good role model for the tween readers for whom the book is intended. Adults may find the book enjoyable as well.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday.