I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, May 20, 2013

Beverly Cleary

Me - Beverly Cleary, wow! Beverly Cleary is one of my favorite authors. I love her Ramona books. Ramona reminds me of my sister when she was little and she was more trouble.  I love the Ramona movie too. I wanted to see it because aside from loving the Ramona books, I love Selena Gomez. The movie was a combination of all the books. Also we once went to a Ramona event at Barnes and Noble. They gave out Ramona bags. There, I found out Ramona got a baby sister named Roberta in one of the later books that I hadn't read yet. I felt mixed about that.  I liked knowing that Ramona would have a baby sister, but on the other hand, it spoiled it for me knowing before reading the book. It ruined the surprise. I never would have guessed if I hadn't been told. I also read some of the Henry Huggins books and one about Ribsy his dog. I did not like the Henry Huggins books nearly as much as I liked Ramona. I did like the Ribsy book though. I also read Ellen Tibbets. I liked that too. So if you have kids, tell them that I highly recommend the Ramona books.

Mom - I really enjoyed reading Beverly Cleary's Ramona books when I was young. When Melia read them, there were a lot more books than I remembered. Apparently, some of them had been written when I was already too old for them. I think I only read about the first three or four. I enjoyed the Ramona movie too. I was surprised that for the movie they combined all the books. I would think that they would have dragged it out by making each  book a separate movie. That is what they usually do like with the Harry Potter books and the Twilight books. With those books, they dragged it out even more by making the last books in each series two separate movies.  I still wouldn't be surprised  if they tried to make another Ramona movie anyway even though they pretty much already covered everything important that happens in the books. Maybe, they will make a movie of another one of Beverly Cleary's book instead. She had other series, such as, Henry Huggins as well as stand alone books like Ellen Tebbits. I read Ellen Tebbits although I don't remember that much about it. I don't think I ever read any of the Henry Huggins books. I am not sure if I ever read any of Beverly Cleary's other books. Her best loved books are the Ramona books anyway.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.