I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tips for Tuesdays - Movies: 16 Wishes & Dirty Dancing

Me - Today I am recommending 16 Wishes, a Disney Channel movie. It is a really good movie.It shows that you shouldn't be in a hurry to grow-up. It also teaches that you should be thankful for what you have. I really liked the ending.

Mom - Today I am recommending the movie Dirty Dancing, one of my favorite movies of all time. Despite the title, Dirty Dancing is a movie that is good for women and girls from preteen to adult. While there is a sex scene in the movie, it is a very mild one, and they don't really show anything. It shows that you don't have to have revealing sex scenes and people tearing their clothes off all the time to have a good romantic movie. One of the best things about the movie is Patrick Swayze. I don't know how anyone could see the movie and not fall in love with him. I actually met Kelly Bishop who played  the Mom in the movie once. She said in real life Patrick Swayze was just as nice as he seemed. That only made me love him, and the movie even more.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment