I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Safari at Great Adventure

Me- The Safari at Great Adventure, wow! We went to the Safari at Six Flags Great Adventure for my sister's birthday. I took a lot of pictures. Baboons butts are creepy. They are really fat and pink. Scary! My Dad had always wanted to see a live moose, and there was one that came straight toward us. There also was one in the water. I had never really seen a Zebra so close up. They were right next to our car, and they were so pretty. I wished I could touch one. There was a giraffe that was going and sniffing everybody's car, and it was stopping the traffic. It skipped our car though. I had never seen a giraffe so close before. They are even taller than I thought. There was a really pretty white tiger. It was pacing back and forth. It was all by itself, but there were other tigers in another cage. There were also some orange tigers and two or three lions. There was a lot of cute baby animals. There were baby buffalo. There was a baby zebra. There was a baby bison. There was one baby brown bear. He was the only brown bear. I had a great time at the safari, and I want to go back as soon as they reopen after they finish renovating it for next year.

Mom - We used to go to baseball games for my younger daughter, Aurella's birthday. However, now we go to zoos. Last year, we went to the Popcorn Park Zoo. This year, we went to the Safai at Six Flags Great Adventure. I had been to the safari before but not in many years. The last time I was there neither of my daughters was born, and my stepson was 5 or 6. He is almost 19. It was our last time seeing the Safari as it was where you could drive through in your own car as well as Aurella's first visit there. It was a lot of fun seeing bears walk past your car and giraffes leaning over it among other things. I miss the days when the monkeys used to run free and climb up on people's cars and pull things off them and stuff. Now, they are behind fences. The Safari has been the same since the park opened in the 70s. Next year, it will be completely different. Some of the changes are good. There will be places you will actually be able to pet animals. My girls will especially love that. Also, the cost will be included as part of the cost of the amusement park. Right now, they charge you not by carload but by the number of people in the car which I think is a bit excessive. However, I will miss being able to go through the Safari in our own car at our own pace. It will be like another piece of my childhood is gone.

And that's our view. What animal that you have never seen would you most like to see at a zoo or safari?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment