I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The End of Summer

Me -The end of summer, wow! I am not happy about the end of summer. This was the coolest summer ever. We have taken tons of day trips and a couple overnight trips. We went on lots of rides at Amusement Parks, Carnivals, the County Fair and the Boardwalk. We went to a couple zoos. We went to the Safari at Great Adventure. We went to baseball games.We went to a couple museums. We went to a Broadway show. We went to an Aquarium. We went to the beach.We went to a few parks. We went to a few parties, and we had a few barbeques. I slept over my best friend's  house a couple times, and she slept at my house a few times. I am not looking forward to school starting. My best friend is a year older than me and goes to a different school. She said that the grade I am going into is very hard and has a lot of work. I am not looking forward to getting up early. I like to sleep until around 1:00, and when we are not going any place fun I like to hang out in my pajamas all day. Of course, my parents don't let me sleep late every single day or have a pajama day every single day anyway. I wish the summer would never end like on Phineas and Ferb.

Mom - I can't believe another summer has come to an end. If there had been 9 more days (less than two weeks) more of summer vacation, there would have been three whole months. Even so, it still seemed to pass in the blink of an eye. We had a really terrific summer, our summer of fun as my girls dubbed it. We got to do a lot of things and go a lot of places many of which we had been talking about for years but never gotten around to. We worked on the blog a lot and we wrote a bunch of stories on Aurella's blog. Still there were so many things, I wanted to get to that I never did. There were so many things I wanted to get to around the house in particular that I could never get to because we were just so busy all the time. It is alway like that anyway. I always think I am going to do everything in the summer. I always think I am going to get completely caught up, but I never do. Usually, all of June and July, I am relaxed because I think I am getting things done, and I still have a whole other month of the summer to go after July. However, as soon as August hits, I go into panic mode thinking the summer is almost over, and I hardly got anything done. This year was different. This year I never thought I was getting that much done not even in June or July. It definitely was a fun summer though. Maybe, now that Aurella is entering first grade and both girls will be in school full-time for the first time, I will actually get things done during the school year. At least, I hope so.

And that's our view. How was your summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment