I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tips for Tuesday - Books: The No-Nothings & the Perfect Chemistry Series

Me - For beginning readers,  I recommend The No-Nothings by . T Michele Sobel Spirn. The No-Nothings is a series of books about four not very smart friends named Doris, Boris, Morris and Norris. For example in one book they thought they had to go to France get french fries. If your child is learning to read the No-Nothing books are perfect because they are so funny they make kids want to read. All the kids in my family loved them at one time or another.

Mom - Today I am recommending Simone Ekeles Perfect Chemistry series consisting of Perfect Chemistry, Rules of Attraction, and Chain Reaction. I got the first one from a blog contest, I entered because I liked the book cover and title. However, I ended up loving it. It was one of the most touching and romantic books I have ever  read. I couldn't wait to read the other two books.The other books were equally as good. They were all about starcrossed lovers from different sides of town. They were about the  kind of relationships where people start out hating each other and next thing they know they are in love. I really enjoyed how the main characters from each book appeared as minor characters in subsequent books.  The book are considered YA, but I really enjoyed them too and have now passed them on to Melia.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-to-Go Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment