I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 30, 2012

Rides

Me - Ride, wow! I like rides. I like rollercoasters and spinning rides. I am the complete opposite of my Mom. I like Ferris Wheels. I like rides where you go up and drop down. A lot of rides that I like are easy to throw up on. I have never thrown up on one though, but one time I almost threw up. I especially like the rides where you go up and they drop you down. My sister is sometimes afraid of rides except when she is with me. Even then, she is still sometimes afraid. When we went to Storybook Land, we went on a Ferris Wheel. When we went to the top, it was superduper shaky, and my sister got very scared. Also, when we went to Storybook Land, I was very surprised when my sister wanted to go on all the rides with me and liked them all except the Ferris Wheel. We went to Storybook Land in the nick of time because if we had gone earlier my sister wouldn't have been able to go on a lot of the rides because she would have been too small. Unlike my sister, I have always liked rides. When I was a baby we went to this amusement park. There was this haunted house. You sat on these seats which rocked back and forth really slowly. I loved it, but my older brother was terrified. He claimed he loved rides but hardly wanted to go on any. I couldn't wait to be big enough to go on all the rides, and I am glad that now I am older and I can pretty much go on any ride I want.

Mom- I have never been a big fan of rides. I don't like rollercoasters. I have been on a few in my life, but in general I don't like them. I like flumes though. It is kind of weird because they are actually a lot like rollercoasters but with water. I don't know maybe it is because of the water that I don't mind them much. Of course, they still run on tracks so if you fell out of a flume you would still be just as hurt as if you fell out of a rollercoaster. I don't like rides that go around really fast in a circle because they give me motion sickness. Of course, this describes most rides which is a big reason why I have never been a big fan of rides. I usually like carousels, but sometimes even they get me dizzy. I usually like Ferris Wheels except for this one we went on at a carnival. It had a door, but the door didn't even lock or latch. All you had to do was press down on it to open it. The whole time we were on the ride, I was terrified that the door was going to fly open, and we were going to fall out. I like train rides. They are usually nice and relaxing, and you get to see a lot of the park. My younger daughter was afraid of train rides when she was younger. I could never understand that, and it was even as if we ever sent her on a train ride without us. They even have a train ride in our mall now. I have never been on that one, and I actually find it kind of annoying. I mean it is annoying when you are trying to walk around the mall and get your shopping done and suddenly you have to get out of the way for a train. I also don't like other rides in malls, the ones you have to pay so your child can ride. They are always overpriced and they turn kids whiny and annoying begging for rides, and even if you  have the time and money for a ride one is never enough. Somehow you will never get out of there without having to listen to at least some whining. Our mall does have a nice carousel, but even that can be a problem sometimes when we don't have time to ride it. In general, I believe rides belong in amusement parks and not in malls. My favorite rides are  those cute little animatronic rides at Disney. Unfortunately, I haven't ever been able to take my girls there yet, but they are dying to go.

And that's our view. What is your favorite amusement park ride?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.