I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 2, 2012

Classic TV

Me - Classic TV, wow! As you all know, my favorite show in the world is Full House. To me, Full House is classic TV. Lately, I have been obssessed with even older TV shows than Full House. I have a notebook in it, I write down a bunch old shows that my parents used to watch. I look up to see if they are still on and find out the channel and write it down. When I go places with my family, we listen to CDs of old TV theme songs and I write down the names. Some of the old shows that my Mom used to watch that I watch now are The Brady Bunch, The Waltons, Three's Company, Cheers and more. Some of the shows my Dad introduced me to are Hogan's Heros, The Honeymooners, Love American Style, Green Acres and more. Some of the shows that both of my parents introduced me to The Partridge Family, That Girl, Friends and more. Although, now I watch and love a lot of old shows, Full House will always be my favorite.

Mom - Lately, my daughter has been in to classic TV. To her, all TV from before she was born is all just lumped together as classic TV. For me, there are different eras of classic TV. There is TV that was old even when I was a kid, such as, The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Patty Duke Show and I Love Lucy. There are shows from when I was a kid, such as, The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family. Shows from when I was already in high school and or college or beyond, such as Cheers, Friends, and even Full House. To my daughter, all old TV is classic TV, and therefore, it's worth watching. While it may be true that all old TV is classic TV, it is not true that all old TV is good TV. There were plenty of bad shows back then, no matter what particular decade you are talking about,just as there are now. Shows such as;  My Mother the Car, BJ and the Bear, Mr. Belevdere, and Caveman have had various times been considered one of the worst shows on television. However, I am sure you can find people who loved each and every one of those shows just as you can find people who loved and people who hated every other show that has every existed since the beginning of TV. So if being a classic is considered a good thing than what it all comes down to is this, what is or isn't classic TV is in the eye of the beholder.

And that's our view. What is your favorite classic TV show?

Tune in tomorrow for our new feature. Tips for Tuesday.