I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 23, 2012

Madeline

Me - Hi. I love Madeline.  Recently, I started watching all my Madeline DVDs and tapes again. I used to watch them all the time. I love all the episodes I don't have a favorite, but the live action movie scares me. I especially like the one where there is a magic lamp and a talking flying carpet. Madeline has to take Pepito and his cousin comes also to find the magic lamp and save the littlest Genie. In the morning, only Madeline remembers. She thinks it must have been a dream until she finds the lamp under her bed. I like how every episode ends with the words "And that's all there is. There isn't any more." Lots of time, my Mom and my sister and I say it along as we are watching. I  love watching the episode where the go to the toy factory and Madeline gets put into a box and sent to a little girl. I also like another one where Madeline falls into the water and the dog, Genieve, rescues her. I have a toy Genieve dog. I also have a toy Madeline. I used to have two other Madeline dolls, but I don't have them any more. I even have a Madeline tea set. It is really nice, and it even has napkins, silverware, a table cloth and a nice box to put all the stuff in. I have  a Madeline jewelry box. I have three Madeline CDs.Once I was even Madeline for Halloween, I really love Madeline. Bye.*

*The above is a guest post by little sister, Aurella, as dictated to Mom.

Mom - A favorite book of mine from childhood is Madeline. My daughters also enjoyed Madeline. Aurella still loves it. We got her a big book of all the Madeline stories. There are also several newer stories. She has all of those as well except for the newest about Madeline and the White House. There were also movies  made of all the Madeline books as well as a long Madeline movie called My Fair Madeline and a live action version of Madeline. Aurella has all of those as well. There was even  a Madeline series on TV for a year or two. Aurella has every episode of the TV show too either on VHS, DVD or on the computer. At first episodes were only available on VHS. My best friend got Aurella  all the episodes that were available at that time. They later released full seasons of the show on I-Tunes as well as compilations of different episodes on DVDs so we were able to get the rest of the episodes. It was when Aurella first got the VHS tapes of the show that she really fell in love with it. She watched them over and over again. I didn't actually mind though because I like Madeline a lot better than a lot of those other kid shows that are out there, and I often enjoyed watching them with her. Aurella has also had three different Madeline dolls including a talking one, a Madeline tea set, and a  Madeline jewelry box. I like Madeline because the stories are cute, the songs are catchy, and she is a good role model for girls. She is not always well behaved, and she does get into trouble. However, she is good and fair and  kind and always treats others nicely. Aurella was even Madeline for Halloween when she was 3, and it was one of the cutest costumes she ever had.

And that's our view. Did you ever read any Madeline books?


Tune in Tuesday for Tips for Tuesday.