I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 9, 2012

Doctors

Me - Hello. I don't like to go to the doctor. I don't like getting shots. I always get really really scared and have to close my eyes. I like getting stickers at the doctor's office. I do love a TV show about a doctor. The show is called Doc McStuffins. She can cure her toys. She even can make them real so they can talk, and she can fix them when they get booboos. In the show, nobody knows that she can make the toys real so they don't know how she fixes them. Her main toys are Lamby, Stuffy, Chilly, Squeakers, Hermy and Hally. Doc McStuffins is my favorite show. She doesn't give out stickers, but she is such a great doctor that nobody cares they all love her. My old favorite show was Dora The Explorer. Now, I hate Dora more than anything. When I grow up  I want to be a vet and help animals like Doc McStuffins helps her toys. I want to be a vet because I really love animals. My favorite kind of animal is a dog especially puppies. I only don't like dogs that jump up. So I don't like real doctors, I do like doctor's on TV, and I do want to be a vet.*

*The above is a guest post by little sister, Aurella.

Mom - I hate going to the doctor. I practically have to be dragged there kicking and screaming. Once, I am there, I am not a bad patient, and I do what they ask of me. I just don't like to go to the doctor. I also don't like to take medication. When I am prescribed medication, I will take it. However, I am definitely not a person who self medicates. That can be a good thing because I don't have to worry about becoming addicted. However, it can also be a bad thing because if I have a stomachache or indigestion or any kind of ache, pain, or illness I will not take anything for it. I just suffer. Once in a while, my husband can get me to take some thing, but usually not. The only thing I do take any medication for is headaches because I have learned that they will not go away without taking anything. I cannot function properly or getting anything done with a headache. Sometimes, I get a lot of headaches. I get headaches from the heat. I get headaches from lack of sleep. I get headaches when I am hungry. I get headaches from PMS. I get too many headaches to let headaches go without treating them. I will take one thing for my headaches for a while. Then, I seem to build up an immunity to it, and it doesn't help as much. So, I keep having to change what I am taking for headaches. It is annoying. In fact, being sick and having to go to the doctor and/or take medicine at all is annoying. All in all, it is better to stay healthy.


And that's our view. How often do you go to the doctor?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.