I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Katy Perry

Me - Katy Perry, wow! Katy Perry is my favorite singer. My Mom and I recently went to see the Katy Perry Part of Me movie. Aurella got very mad because she wanted to go too. I like a lot of Katy Perry's songs. Songs I love include Last Friday Night, California Gurls, Firework, Hot and Cold, I Kissed A Girl etc. I want to have all of Katy Perry's cds. Right now, I don't have any, but we have a lot of her songs on Glee cds. I am hoping I get her cds for the holidays. I think Ryan Murphy should invite Katie Perry to be on Glee. I want to go to a Katy Perry concert and dress weird so she or her sister will invite me on stage, and I can meet her. I love Katy Perry!

Mom - When Katy Perry came out with her first song, I Kissed A Girl, I didn't know too much about her and I didn't care too much about her. All I knew is that she seemed kind of strange. Then, they started singing a lot of her songs on Glee. My favorite was Firework, but I really liked all the Katy Perry songs they did on Glee. I also started to like some of her other songs. When the Katy Perry  movie, Part of Me, came out, we decided to go see it. I was luck enough to be invited to a preview of the movie so Melia and I went. I really liked it. It gave me a new respect for Katy Perry. She was not by any stretch of the imagination an overnight sensation. Her story is a good lesson in perseverance.It took her a lot of hard work to get where she is today. The movie is also a lot of fun. You get to hear her sing a lot of her songs and see a lot her crazy colorful costumes. What I enjoyed most about the movie is the way it showed how much Katy Perry cares about her fans, and the people who support her. When her marriage was breaking up and she was completely despondent, she still wouldn't cancel one of her concerts because she didn't want to disappoint her fans. I, for one, appreciate a celebrity who remembers that the fans are the ones who put them at the top, and the fans are the ones who keep them there. Especially after seeing the movie, I would definitely consider myself a fan of Katy Perry. Nevertheless, I still consider her a little bit strange sometimes especially the way she dresses although she does dress more normal than Lady Gaga, and she does look good in blue hair at least when it is styled in a normal looking hairstyle

And that's our view. Do you like Katy Perry and if so what is your favorite one of her songs?

Tune in Friday for Funny Friday.