I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Picky Eaters

Me - Picky Eaters, wow! I am not a picky eater at all. Just joking. I am one of the most picky eaters I know beside my two cousins and my brother's friend. My older cousin likes pizza and hotdogs and not much else. He is not too skinny though because he eats a lot of what he likes. My younger cousin eats three things and drinks one thing. He eats pizza, mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. He only drinks water. That's one thing the two of us have in common, the fact that we are picky eaters. My brother's friend only eats pizza. At least that is the only thing I have ever seen him eat. Even me and my two cousin's eat more than that. I don't eat very much of anything. I am very skinny, but not too skinny. I used to like more foods, but then my personality completely changed as I previously wrote in our post on personalities, and I became picky. My Mom is picky too. She is not as picky as I am. She always says "I can't believe that you can't even find anything to eat in the house of a picky person." My sister's picky in her own little way. She eats most things, but she doesn't like meat. There are some things she refuses to try like ketchup and mustard except honey mustard. I always say things like "How can you not like ketchup? Everybody likes ketchup. I never met anybody who didn't like ketchup besides you." I keep trying to coax her to try it, but she won't. My parents tell me to just give up. I refuse to. Most kids are so mean these days that I worry someone will bully her if they find out she doesn't like ketchup since most people do. Who knows maybe by the time she starts first grade, they will be nicer than when I did. Her kindergarten class was much nicer than mine. When I was in kindergarten, we already had a bully in my class. In Aurella's kindergarten class everyone was nice. However, now we are getting off topic. Back to picky. Even though, I am picky, I don't want to be, and I hope someday I won't be anymore.

Mom - I have always been a picky eater. I do not deny that. Occassionally, I begin to like things I have not previously liked like Cheesecake. However, I do not generally start to hate things that I previously liked. I like enough things that there is enough of a variety of things that we can eat for meals in our house and there are enough of a variety of restaurants that we can go to. My husband is not a picky eater at all. He will eat almost anything. When my daughte's were little they were both really good eaters and ate whatever you gave them. My younger daughter is still a good eater. There are things she doesn't like, such as, most kinds of meat (including any kind of burgers) and ketchup. That makes it kind of hard because you can't just tell her to put some ketchup on her meat and eat it anyway. However, lately she has started putting honey mustard on most meats even ones I would never have thought of putting honey mustard on. My older daughter, on the other hand, has become pickier as she has gotten older. In fact, she is now pickier than me. As a result, meal times and going out to dinner have become much harder. I don't really understand. I know lots of people who are picky. I know lots of people who are even picker than I am. I have never seen my nephew eat anything but pizza, macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets, for instance. However, they have all been picky their whole lives as have I. I have never known anyone besides my daughter that became picky as she got older and started hating all these things she used to like to eat. It doesn't make sense to me.

And that's our view.  Are you or do you know anyone who is picky?

Tune in Monday for another topic.