I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Duets

Me - Duets, wow maybe. Duets was not all that great of a show. No offense if you were on that show and you are reading this or if you liked the show. My Mom and sister and I watched Duets. We never got caught up on it until just before the last show. Whenever, we watched it my sister and I got bored out of our minds. In fact, all three of us were usually doing other things while we watched. When I was watching an episode of Wipeout, I saw who won the last episode of Duets so I already knew who won the show. When my Mom and Aurella and I watched the last episode, Quddus, the host of the show, was talking about how that was the end of the first season of Duets. I said we didn't know if there would be a second season. I don't think there will be, and if there is I am not going to watch. I did think the winner, J. Rome deserved to win. He was always on type of the charts, and he was very good.

Mom - My girls and I watched the first season of Duets. Well, at least the kept saying it was the first season, but frankly, I am not sure if there is going to be a second season. I mean the show was okay, but it was really nothing special. There are so many singing competitions out there, and on this one most of the voices were not all that great. It was more fun getting to hear John Legend, Robin Thicke, Jennifer Nettles, and Kelly Clarkson sing each week. It was fun seeing them pick out their duet partners at the beginning of the show. It was great to see the excitement of those who got chosen told they were picked. It was not so great seeing those who were not chosen get rejected. I felt so bad for them. I felt like that should have been done off camera. Week to week and contestant to contestant, things varied greatly. Some of the singers were good depending on the song. Others never really seemed to hit the right notes at all. Of course, the contestants being picked by bestselling recording artists has been done before and better by The Voice.  The unique twists to this show was that the artists actually had to sing with the contestants they picked. One or two of these duets, wasn't bad, but over all, there was nothing special about them. As far as I am concerned, the best duet the whole season (aside from when the recording artists sang with each other) happened after the voting was already done. It was the song from the Broadway show, Wicked, called For Good which was sung by Jennifer Nettles and John Glosson on the final show. All in all, the whole thing wasn't very exciting though. My girls and I  never watched it when it was on, we always recorded it to watch it later. Usually with shows like The Glee Project and Dancing With the Stars, we can't wait to watch each episode. With Duets, we never felt that great an urge to watch. Eventually, we just figured okay we might as well watch it. We got so far behind that we never really caught up until just before the last week. So if Duets, manages to last for another season, I am not so sure I will be watching it.

And that's our view. Do you like singing shows?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.