I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 16, 2012

Outside Activities

Me - Outside activities, wow! My Mom likes for my sister and her and I to go outside for an hour every day and have outside time, but we don't always do it. I like to hula hoop and, I am really good at it. One time I hula hooped for 10 minutes nonstop. I also like to jump rope. I was in a jumpathon at school. I like to ride my bike. I recently got a new bike. I sometimes ride my scooter. That is a little harder because there are a lot of cracks in the sidewalk. I like to take walks. I used to go to the playground at the school behind my house. Now, after 4 years at the same playground, I am bored with it. I like to go to the park. I love to go swimming. I like to go to the beach, but once when I was five I was standing in the water talking and got water in my mouth. After that, I didn't like going in the water at the beach, but now that I am older I would like to try it again. We don't go to the beach that much though. Sometimes, I like to just sit out on the front porch with my Mom and read a book or something. There are so many things I like to do outside.

Mom - I am not much of an outdoor person, but I am trying to be more of one. I definitely need to get more sun and more vitamin D.  It always seems like it is too hot or too cold or too wet or too snowy or too something. Days when the weather outside is just right are few and far between. I am not much of an athlete so I don't really play sports outside. I do like to take walks when the weather is nice. I like to have picnics on the lawn or at the park with my girls. When the girls were little, they took classes at one of our local community parks. We would go early and have a picnic before class. I miss those days. I like sitting out on the porch and watching my girls play out on the lawn. I like swimming, but I don't like walking to the pool in our neighborhood because it is usually so hot when we go. There are never any parking spaces near the pool so it is useless to take the car out besides the pool is just up the street. I am not crazy about the beach because I don't like sand. It just gets in everything and is so annoying. We go to the beach occasionally, but not that often I can't even remember the last time we went there. One thing I don't try to do is get a tan. I used to want to get a tan when I was younger, but now that I am older, and I know how bad the sun is for you I don't even bother with that. I just lather up with lots of sunblock. All in all though, I would say I am much more of an indoor person than an outdoor person, but I like I said I am working on spending more time outside.

And that's our view. Do you like to spend time outdoors?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.