I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 28, 2020

Monthly Mashup for September, 2020 Socks and Election Day


Me - My topic for this month is socks. I love socks. I have mostly ankle socks and some fuzzy socks. Most of them have designs on them. I hardly ever have socks that are solid because I get them in a big pack of different socks that usually come with designs on them. I used to have kangaroo, llama, and koala socks. The koala socks were really pretty. They were purple with grey koalas. I also had socks that were periwinkle with a sparkly gold stripe. They were really pretty too, and I really liked them. 

I do like other kinds of socks like knee-high socks, but I haven't had a lot of those. I did have one pair of knee-highs. I got them for a Halloween costume one year. I was Katie from the musical School of Rock. Those socks were kind tight though so I only wore them for Halloween.

In general, the problem is that even if socks are not too tight, to begin with, they don't last very long anyway. They are always ripping. It probably doesn't help that I am always walking around the house in my socks with no shoes on. I don't like walking around on the floor with no socks, but I don't like wearing my shoes all the time either. Another problem with socks is that they get so dirty that sometimes they can never really get clean anymore. Also, they mysteriously disappear. Even though I try not to wear socks that don't match, sometimes I have to. I love socks, but they can be so annoying!

Mom -  My topic for this month is Election Day. Here were are less than two months away from Election Day, and I have never been so excited and yet anxious to vote in my life. During election time, people are very divided to begin with and all those negative ads don't help. I always appreciate a politician like Kristen Gillibrand whose commercials only talked about what she can do and never put down her opponent. I wanted to vote for her, and I didn't even live in her state. 

This year the divisiveness has ratcheted up about a thousand notches. I don't remember a time when our country was divided as much as we are now. That is what makes this election so important. We are literally fighting for the future of our country, and the kind of country we want it to be. That's why now more than ever nobody should be sitting on the sidelines and not voting because they think their vote doesn't matter. It does! So whether you are voting by mail or you are actually going to the polls on election day, just make sure you vote. It has never mattered more than it does right now!

And that's our view. What's on your mind? 

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

Photo credits:
Photo credit 1: Cat Sidh Saturday Socks via photopin (license)
Photo credit2: arbyreed Bed Socks via photopin (license)
Photo credit 3: arbyreed Bed Socks via photopin (license)