I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Bardy Bunch

 Me - The Bardy Bunch, wow! The Bardy Bunch was a mixture of , ,  and   It is a comedy but to really enjoy it it helps to know a little bit about the Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, and . Even though it is a comedy there is a lot of fake blood and violence. It is very gory. There are also ghosts, but they weren't really scary. The show was funny, and I liked it. I didn't like all the violence and bloody parts. I liked all the songs. They were all from The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family.  My favorite songs were It's a Sunshine Day and I Think I Love You.  My favorite character was Laurie Partridge. I didn't like the character of Mrs. Brady. She was kind of selfish and evil and power crazed. The other characters were okay. The acting was good. The singing was good. It was funny the way in the stage show they over-exaggerated the way that they dance on the TV shows, and the way they play their instruments on The Partridge Family. I liked that they had old albums as part of the set. I didn't really have a favorite part of the show, but I especially liked when they did the songs. Over all, it was a good show, and I enjoyed it.



Mom - When I was a kid, I loved The Brady Bunch, and I especially loved The Partridge Family. When I was in college, I read many of the works of Shakespeare. When I heard that these three things had been combined into one show, I couldn't wait to see it. I was not disappointed. It was one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. It was surprising that a show with that much violence could be so funny, but it actually was hilarious. I loved the music as well. Just listening to the music made me remember being a kid and hearing it while watching Brady Bunch and/or Partridge Family episodes on TV. Many of the situations that happened in episodes of the original shows appeared in this show as well although not necessarily exactly as they occurred in the original shows. The whole thing  just made me totally nostalgic for my childhood. In the version of the show which we saw all of the actors were incredibly good in their roles. However, that version closed on April 13, 2014, the night we saw it. However, if you have a chance to see this show in the future, I would highly recommend it.

And that's our view. Do you prefer The Brady Bunch or the Partridge Family and why?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.