I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, July 30, 2026

Theater Thursday - Forget I Said Anything

We received complimentary tickets to Forget I Said Anything for review purposes. Any and all opinions expressed here are our own.

What: Forget I Said Anything

Where: Theatre Row
             410 W. 42nd St.
             New York, NY

Who: Recommended for Ages 13 and Up

When: Through August 2, 2026




Forget I Said Anything is like a song cycle for those who want to wallow in depression. This does not mean there are not any good songs in the show. Many of them are surprisingly catchy. There just aren't any upbeat songs or even ones that are at least a little bit hopeful. Quite a few of the songs sound upbeat, but if you listen to the lyrics, they are not. The music and the tunes sound breezy and fun, but the lyrics are dark, bitter, and sad.



If you just go for the fun musical vibes and to listen to the beautiful voices of the cast, this is an enjoyable show. If you listen too much to what these songs are actually saying, it's dispiriting. The show is clearly a catharsis of some sort for its composer, Samantha Roberts. Hopefully, she will move on to material that is more uplifting or at least a little more hopeful. Now that is a show I would love to see!



And that's our view. For more about Forget I Said Anything or to purchase tickets, visit www.somethingbetterproductions.com/forget-i-said-anything

Tune in Saturday for Still More Theater.

Photo credits:
All Forget I Said Anything production photos supplied by the production.

Images used in this post were sent by publicists, artists, and/or  PR firms and are used by permission.  Any Concerns regarding image usage can be addressed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment