I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, December 28, 2020

Monthly Mashup for December, 2020 Good Things About 2020 and Things to Look Forward


Me- My topic for this month is things I enjoyed this year. I got to see The Lightning Thief on Broadway one more time before it closed. I went to New York with my Mom on her birthday. That was fun, but the show we saw wasn't good. I did get to see a few good Off-Broadway shows before the pandemic including Mack and Mabel at CityCity Center. I went to BroadwayCon for the 4th time. I reread some of my favorite books.  I accumulated a lot of new books, and I can't wait to read them. I had a lot of reading parties with my sister. I watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine for the first, second, and third time. The third time I actually got my Mom to watch with me, and she seemed to enjoy it too. It is now one of my favorite shows. I started watching New Girl. I hung out with my Mom. I also took walks with Mom. I don't always like the walking, but I enjoy taking walks. I liked having school online, but I would prefer not to have school at all. I liked spending time with our cat, Callie, and once in a while with our cat. Pippi although Pippi is usually with my Mom though and doesn't like other people to touch her. I enjoyed eating fried rice, tacos, and ice cream whenever I had the chance.I enjoyed going to little museums around our state with my Mom and Dad although I don't remember most of them now. I enjoyed going to the drive-thru at Great Adventure, the Turtleback Zoo, an Alpaca Farm, and a Wolf Farm.  I didn't like anything else that I can think of. 

Mom -  My topic for this month is things to look forward to. It is hard to know what to look forward to in 2021because after this crazy messed up year it's hard to know what 2021 is actually going to be like. However, there are a few things I am looking forward to. I am looking forward to having a new President, one who cares about people and respects them. I am looking forward to celebrating the 10th anniversary of our blog. It's hard to believe that it will be 10 years already, and yet, it feels like it has been a part of us always, and I can't imagine my life without it. I'm looking forward to going to more  museums and historic places around my state, and hopefully eventually beyond again.   I'm looking forward to spending more time with my husband and kids even if we are not forced to by a pandemic. I'm looking forward to watching more and reading more. I'm especially looking forward to seeing the movie version of Everybody's Talking About Jaime even if I have to watch it at home instead of in a movie theater.  It is supposed to be coming out this February, and I hope that doesn't change.  I;m looking forward to seeing more shows even if they are online (although I would prefer being able to go back to seeing shows live) I'm looking forward to taking more walks with my daughter when the weather gets warmer and the days are longer again.  I am looking forward to more people being vaccinated including myself and life hopefully getting back to more normal.  It would really be good if that could happen. That alone would definitely make 2021 way better than 2020.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credit: wuestenigel Open notebook with Bye bye 2020 Hello 2021 text via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment