I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, December 30, 2019

Monthly Mashup for December, 2019 Looking Back at 2019 Looking ahead to 2020


Me - My topic for today is looking back at 2019. 2019 was a pretty good year. There were some things that were not good, but for the most part it was a pretty good year. I got to see a lot of Broadway shows including my 40th and 50th Broadway shows. I saw two of my five favorite Broadway shows this year, Beetlejuice and The Lightening Thief. Also, unfortunately, two of my faovorite Broadway shows closed Anastasia and School of Rock. I read the Percy Jackson books. We went to the Catskills. We went to Conneticutt and saw Because of Winn Dixie. I have wanted to see that for years. It was a really good show. We went to a sleepover at the Philadelphia Zoo. I went to my first Yankees game. It was exciting because I had never been to one and I had wanted to go for a very long time. Also, we hadn't been to any baseball games in a really long time. We went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. I had wanted to do that for a very long time too. Also, this year we moved twice. I was glad to move the first time. The second time was necessary for circumstances beyond our control. It was annoying at first but it worked out alright mostly. I got a new bed. I made brownies for the first time, and they turned out good.  Also, we did a lot of other fun things and went to a lot of shows.


Mom - My topic for this month is look ahead to 2020. I can't believe it is going to be 2020. Last year, I was very hopeful about the coming year, and mostly it turned out to be a pretty good year in a lot of ways. This year I am more apprehensive and not as hopeful. There are a few things I am looking forward to already though like BroadwayCon 2020 which will be here before you know it. I also know I will see a lot of shows as always, but so far I do not know how much if any of them will be Broadway shows. I am sure I will do a lot of other fun things like go to museums and on walking tours. I am especially hoping to go to Spyscape and go on more Broadway tours. I hope to get on the Broadway League's list this year too so hopefully I will get invited to more Broadway shows. I will definitely apply again, but once again I doubt it will happen. Also, now, that we live close to the train, I am hoping to start exploring the train line and see what fun places we can visit in towns along the line. I also hope to get to a hockey game because I haven't been to one in quite a while. Also, the arena is really easy to get to because I found out you can walk there from the train station. Both my daughters will be graduating this year, and my older daughter will be going off to college. That is both a good thing and a bad thing. I am really proud of them both and happy for them, but they are just growing up too fast. It all goes by too fast. I can't believe the year is almost over. I am sure the coming year will be full of  many things both good and bad just as all the years are, but we'll just have to wait and see.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credit
photo credits 1: Jon Glittenberg Happy New Year 2019 via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: kasio69 Happy New Year via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment