I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, October 1, 2018

Let's Talk About The Flintstones


Me - The Flintstones, wow! I like Pebbles. She is cute. I also like Bamm Bamm. I like that Pebbles and Bamm Bamm like each other. I actually like all the characters. I like the way everybody rides dinosaurs. I like that they are cavemen but in a way they are kind of modern. I would like to see the episode where Pebbles is born. I have never seen that one. I saw one episode of the Flintstone Kids about when Fred and Wilma and all the adults were little kids. It was really stupid. I also saw the ending of one episode of The Pebbles and Bamm Bamm show. I didn't see enough of it to tell whether I liked it or not. The Flintstones used to be one of my favorites very briefly and I even used to record the reruns. That lasted about a month. Now, I like it just fine, but it is not my favorite. It is still a pretty good show though.*

*The above is a guest post by older sister, Melia.

Mom - When I was a kid, I used to watch reruns of the Flintstones in the afternoons. I liked that in some ways it was like real life even though it was a cartoon. For example, Wilma didn't just have a baby she was pregnant for a bunch of episodes. In other ways, of course, it was very much a cartoon like having a baby that was as strong as Bamm Bamm. I like the way they used to have cartoon characters of famous celebrities of the day like Ann Margarock for Ann Margaret. I like the way Fred called Pebbles his little "Pebbly Poo." My favorite episode is where Pebbles and Bamm sing Let the Sunshine In and become superstars. Of course, it turns out to be all Fred's dream. I also liked Gazoo the little green  magic creature that was in a bunch of episodes. In later years, I also remember watching The Pebbles and Bamm Bamm show. It was okay, but I don't remember it being anything special. I did like that Pebbles and Bamm Bamm dated in it though. The show only lasted for about a season. The Flintstones had quite a few different incarnations. However, the only ones I ever saw where the original one and one I mentioned in which Pebbles and Bamm Bamm were teens,

And that's our view. What old cartoons do you like?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credit: Ludie Cochrane FlintstonesWallpaper1024 via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment