I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, February 5, 2018

Memories of BroadwayCon 2018

We wrap our coverage of this year's BroadwayCon with a post by older sister,  Melia regarding her favorite memories of the event.


BroadwayCon was the best experience of my life. It was the only place that I've ever been to that I felt perfectly comfortable turning to a complete stranger and having a full conversation with them. Everybody was so warm and friendly because we were all there due to our mutal love of all things Broadway and theater. Between panels, workshops, the marketplace and more,  there was never a spare moment to be bored.

Unfortunately, I came down with a horrible stomache on Saturday so I wasn't able to fully enjoy myself as much as I had on Friday. Then, on Sunday it became worse, and although it was my birthday, I was unable to attend at all. Even so, I still look back on that weekend as the most incredible weekend of my life.


Friday was especially amazing for me for many reasons. Sadly, I didn't have time to visit the marketplace for too long, but all of the interesting panels I attended made up for it completely. Some of them included an Anastasia fan meetup which was fun even though I've never seen the show, From On Stage to Online: Broadway Web Series Roundtable, and The Two Lus which featured the two little girls who previously played Lulu in one of my favorite shows. Waitress.


The saddest part of my visit aside from being sick was when I was unable to meet Laura Osnes on Sunday because I was home sick, as well as  the time when I arrived too late and missed the Broadway ensemble panel where one of my favorite actors, Ben Cook was going to be speaking. However, later on something happened that more than made up for it.


The best part of my BroadwayCon experience was all of the incredible celebrities that I had the opportunity to meet. One of the reasons that I love the Broadway Community so much is because there are so many chances for fans to interact with the stars and other Broadway professionals that they look up to most in the world. Almost every single one is unbelivably gracious, appreciative and kind.


One of the people who I had the chance to talk to was Joshua Burrage who I know mainly as Jojo from Newsies. I was surprised at how tall he was which I immediately blurted out much to my embarassment. I was also able to meet Stephanie Styles (who I am a fan of even though who I've never seen her perform in anything) as well as Cate Elefante and Ella Dane Morgan, the previous Lulus from Waitress who were some of the cutest kids I've ever seen. Additonally, I met Nicole Scimeca another adorable little kid who plays little Anastasia on Broadway. On a completely unrelated note,  I met Lonnie Price who played Neil in my favorite movie Dirty Dancing and who is now a Broadway director. Two of the celebrities I got to meet who were the most special to me were Ben Fankhauser and Andrew Keenan-Bolger who starred as as Davey and Crutchie respectively in Newises and who are a couple of my favorite actors.


However, the most special and unforgettable moment of all of BroadwayCon for me was when I had the opportunity to meet Ben Cook who is not only one of my favorite actors but is one of my favorite people in the world. He was, by far, one of the sweetest and most incredible people who I ever met. I hope more than anything that I may have the chance to talk to him again.


All in all, BroadwayCon as a whole was the most amazing event that I was able to take part in, and I am already counting down the days until next year.

And that's Melia's view. Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment