I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Saturday Special - An Interview with Alexandra Egi, Author of The Lives We Lead

Alexandra Egi  (AE) is an upcoming young author, her first published novel, The Lives We Lead, is the story of four teenage girls.


When did you first start writing?

AE:  I started writing at a very young age, encouraged by my mother to explore a variety of different activities.  It was in the seventh grade that I  started to be more serious, writing became my safe space.

What gave you the idea for The Lives We Lead?

AE: I had messages that I wanted to convey and, I played around with ideas in my head until I figured out the best way to present them.

How long did it take to write The Lives We Lead?

AE: It took about a year and a half, but if you ask my mom she'll tell you I wrote most of it in 2 weeks

Did you ever write any other books?

AE: I wrote the beginnings of a few manuscripts but never got very far

Did you have ever have any other writing published?

AE: Yes, a few poems and one non-fiction piece on Alzheimer's

What is your writing process? 

AE: I wrote short stories almost for the bigger parts and then filled in the more monotonous details.

How did you go about getting your book published?

AE: I researched companies online and then found one I liked, sent in my manuscript and they said they would like to work with me. 

What kind of books do you like to read?

AE: I like to read a lot of Young Adult Fiction, mostly contemporary stuff

Who are some authors you admire?

AE: I love Sarah Dessen, Jenny Han, Rick Riordan, Rainbow Rowell, John Green, Elizabeth Scott, the list could go on and on

What advice what you give to aspiring writers?
 
AE: It's not easy but it is worth it

We thank Alexandra for taking the time to answer our questions. To enter to win a copy of Alexandra's book go to Tips for Tuesday: Keep Calm and Hop On Giveaway Hop.

Tune in tomorrow for this week's Sunday Scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment