- Declaring allegiance to the stars and stripes as children and military help Betsy Ross raise the Colonial flag over the Betsy Ross House to start the day, then meet Betsy herself inside her upholstery shop.
- Watching history come to life with free stories of Philadelphia’s past at the Once Upon A Nation Storytelling Benches in Historic Philadelphia and Valley Forge.
- Joining General Washington’s Army and marching in the fun and lighthearted Military Muster for kids at Signers’ Garden.
- Getting chills watching the Founding Fathers debate the Declaration of Independence inside Independence Hall after a delicious dinner with Colonial townspeople on the unique and immersive Independence After Hours tour.
- Singing, toasting, and drinking on a Colonial pub crawl with the Tippler’s Tour, now featuring Benjamin Franklin on many tours throughout the season
- Standing where thousands gathered on July 8th, 1776 to hear the Declaration of Independence read by Once Upon A Nation’s History Makers behind Independence Hall.
- Voyaging on a 3D journey through the iconic symbols of America with Liberty 360 3D Show in the PECO Theater.
- Putting over a model of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge and up the “Rocky Steps” at Philly Mini Golf at Franklin Square.
- Tasting Philadelphia’s food trucks and sample local brews at the Festivus events or attending free outdoor movies at Franklin Square.
- Riding the bald eagle on the Philadelphia Park Liberty Carousel and amazing your taste buds with a Cake Shake from SquareBurger in Franklin Square.
- Learning the history of chocolate, and the important role it played in the lives of Colonial Philadelphians at a new exhibit in the Betsy Ross House kitchen and at special demonstrations featuring HPI’s History Makers throughout the season.
CLICK HERE to purchase your tickets or find out more information. Contact Terry Bradford at email@example.com or 856-583-0042 for additional information.
(most items 1/2 off Saturday) - 10a - 6p
Somerlyn is currently touring with pop star Meghan Trainor. Somerlyn’s first single “Parachute,” co-written with and produced by Nick Jonas, made it to No. 1 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs with popular remixes. Later this summer, she will tour with Lindsey Stirling. She has also toured with Jesse J and Lawson, the Jonas Brothers, Big Time Rush and Victoria Justice. In May 2013, she was named TeenNick Top 10 Fresh Artist of the Month and, in April 2014, Next Up
Artist of the Week by KIIS-FM in Los Angeles, California. General admission tickets are $20 in advance or $22 at the door, and VIP tickets, which include a post-show meet and greet and a $10 iPlay America game card, are $55.
SoMo — aka Joseph Somers-Morales — taught himself how to play piano by ear, recorded a cover of Chris Brown’s “Crawl,” and uploaded it to YouTube in 2009. It went viral. SoMo‘s medley of Drake’s 2011 album “Take Care“ has earned more than 4 million views. In 2012, he recorded an original independent mix tape titled “My Life,” spawning his first hit, “Ride.” With no radio support or a label, the track began selling 10,000 per week. He signed with Republic Records and released the album “SoMo” in 2014, which peaked at No. 6 on the US Billboard 200 chart and at No. 2 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums. General admission tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door, Early Entry tickets are $60, allowing entry before the general public and end of the sound check, and VIP Meet & Greet tickets are $100 and include a general admission ticket, early access, pre-show meet and greet and end of sound check.
Since appearing on “The Voice,” Pope has toured with Tim McGraw and Rascal Flatts, enjoyed impressive sales and was selected for CMT’s Next Women of Country. Her “Voice” mentor Blake Shelton also presented her with the 2014 CMT Music Awards’ Breakthrough Video of the Year. She ended 2014 with a Female Vocalist of the Year nomination at the first-ever American Country Countdown Awards. Her platinum-certified debut single “Wasting All These Tears” has sold over 1 million, solidifying her as part of a distinct group of solo female Country artists to score platinum-certification of a debut single. Her chart-topping Republic Nashville album “Frame by Frame” also features “I Wish I Could Break Your Heart.” General admission tickets are $10 and include a $5 iPlayAmerica Game Card. VIP tickets are $60 and include a meet and greet, a poster and a $10 iPlay America game card.
When: June 18, 2015 6:00 PM