I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Trenton Thunder 2014


We were not financially compensated for this post. We were given free tickets to a Trenton Thunder game. The opinions expressed here are our own based on our experience at the game.

W
Me - Trenton Thunder, wow! Sometimes, I like baseball; sometimes I don't. I like it when my Mom and I talk about the game as we watch it. I also like it when the team we are rooting for is winning. That always makes the game better. The Thunder are not as bad as other teams I have seen this year. At least, they put up a fight before they lost the game we saw. It was a fun game to watch. I like that they play a lot of games between innings where people can win things. I love the bat dogs! They are both so cute! We got to see them up close as they walked by. I like that the Thunder are an affiliate of the Yankees. The Yankees are one of my favorite teams. The stadium is pretty on the outside. Inside it is a lot like other stadiums I have been to. The food is good. I like the burgers and the ice cream. I hope to go to more Trenton Thunder games.
Mom - It was a hot day when we went to see the Trenton Thunder play the Altoona Curve. The Thunder lost 9-7. However, despite all that we still had fun. It is always fun to see players who may one day play in the majors. The fact that Thunder players may one day play on the hallowed grounds of Yankee Stadium (even if it is new Yankee Stadium) only makes it that much more exciting. It is also fun to see players who are already in the majors rehabbing in the minors. A lot of Yankee players have rehabbed in Trenton because of its proximity to New York including among others Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez and just this season, Michael Pineda. There weren't any current major leagues playing for the Thunder on this day, but that didn't take away from the fun of the day either. It was great to be in a stadium where no matter where you sit, it is not a bad seat, and you are never that far away from the action. It is to fun watch all the between innings games on the field or on the scoreboard. It is fun to see the famous bat dogs, currently, Derby and Rookie. Rookie didn't work that day, but it was great to see him at the park anyway. It was great to spend a fun day at the ballpark with my family. I would definitely recommend it, and I would definitely go back myself.

And that's our view. Where does your family like to go together for a fun time?

 Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment