I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, June 2, 2014

Dancing With the Stars Season 18



Me - Dancing With the Stars Season 18, wow!  I like Dancing With the Stars. This season was really good. I liked Meryl and Max. I knew they would win. I think they should date. They'd make a really cute couple. I also liked Charlie and Sharna. I definitely think they should have beat Candice and Mark. I also think Peta and James should have beat Candice and Mark too. Peta and James were basically a couple and they are a really cute couple. Candice and Mark didn't deserve to be in the finals. I was glad to see Danica McKeller. I always call her Trudy because that's who she played on How I Met Your Mother in two episodes. My Mom told me she was a regular on The Wonder Years, but I never saw that. I never even heard of it before my mother mentioned it. I have never seen a season where pro dancers Cheryl Burke and Karina Smirnoff got eliminated so early. This was my favorite season of Dancing With the Stars.

Mom - I really enjoyed this season of Dancing With the Stars. It was pretty clear right from the beginning that pro dancer, Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Olympic gold medal winning ice dancer, Meryl Davis were going to win. In fact, I don't remember another season where the eventual winners were so clear right from the start since the season when pro dancer, Mark Ballas and Olympic skater. Kristi Yamaguchi won. However, even though at least to me the eventual winners were clear, it was still an exciting season. It was full of romantic intrigue. There were several couples who if they weren't dating in real life should have been. First there was Maks and Meryl themselves. He has always been one of the tougher pros who didn't always seem to get along so great with many of his partners. Since, Meryl Davis is much calmer and quieter than Max, in fact, when she first started skating with her on-ice partner, Charlie White she wouldn't even look at him, I thought Maks would eat her alive. Instead, they were great together on and off the ice. She toned him down. He toned her up. They were perfect together, and they should definitely date. Then, there was pro dancer, Peta Murgatroyd and singer, James Maslow. They were always exchanging looks and one week even kissed as part of their dance routine. Also, I loved Peta's new short haircut. She is a perfect of example of how a haircut can really change a person's looks for the better. It was also fun to see Meryl competing against her on ice partner, Charlie White and his dance partner, Sharna Burgess. It was nice to hear though that as soon as Charlie got eliminated  from the competition,he made it clear that he would be rooting for Maks and Meryl for the rest of the season. So all in all, it was a really good season of Dancing With the Stars and not only because of the dancing.

And that's our view. What Dancing With the Stars couple do you think should be a couple in real life?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.