I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, June 16, 2014

Looking Forward to Summer 2014

Me- Summer, wow! I am looking forward because I want to be done doing schoolwork and even more so homework. Schoolwork is not as bad as homework. I am looking forward to not having to read 30 minutes every day. I love reading but I want to read when I want for how much time I want. Sometimes, I want to pick up a book read one chapter and put it down. Other times, I want to read a whole book at a time. Also, I like to pick my own books and not have to read what I am assigned to read. I am looking forward to going fun places and doing fun things. I am looking forward to hopefully hanging out with my friends more. I am looking forward to having fun with my sister. I can't wait to stay up later. I am looking forward to not having to wake up as early. I am not looking forward to not to seeing my friends every day. I am not looking forward to going to new a school next year. However, I don't have to think about that for a while because I have the whole summer to look forward to.

Mom-  Even though officially doesn't start until June 21, everyone knows that unofficially it starts with Memorial Day, and it feels like it starts with the end of the school year. Around here, the school year doesn't end for just about another week and a half. It was actually supposed to end a couple days earlier but it got extended a few days because of too many snow days in the winter time. All that snow seems like just yesterday. I can't believe it is summer already. Every year seems to go even faster than the one before it. At first, I wasn't really looking forward to the summer that much. I mean  I like not having to get up early and not having to deal with homework. As a mom, in some ways, homework is worse now then it was when I was a kid, and I actually had to do the homework. Also, in the summer, it is nice not to always have to stick to a routine as much as we do during the school year. At first, I thought it would not be a very good summer, and we would sitting at home with nothing to do most of the time because of cash flow problems and other things. However, despite that, we already have a lot of plans that we are looking forward to so it looks like the summer is not going to be that bad after all. We already know we are going to several amusement parks, at least one museum, and the Philadelphia Zoo to name just a few things we are looking forward to this summer. We will have lots of exciting places to write about in our Where-To-Go Wednesday posts. Aside from that, I plan on catching up on we accumulated during the year and didn't have time to watch during the year. Also, there are a lot of things that I have wanted to get to during the year that I never did like organizing my daughter's bookshelf. Of course, it seems that every summer I never get to do or take care of nearly as many things as I thought I would, and this summer in particular there are some not very good things potentially looming on the horizon, but hopefully it will work out okay, and we will still have a good, happy, and productive summer.


And that's our view. What are you looking forward to this summer.

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment