I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, June 9, 2014

Dads

Me - Dads, wow! I like my Dad sometimes. Other times, he gets on my nerves. When I like him, he is really nice and fun and gets me things. When I don't like him, he's mean and yells at me and makes me go to my room. My Dad and I don't spend much time together though. Half of the time it's because my sister doesn't let us. The last time I remember going out somewhere with my Dad just for the sake of spending time I was in second grade. I don't remember where we went but I remember getting grilled cheese. At home, he is usually watching TV or on his computer, and when I talk he says "Shh!" Other times when I am with him, and there are other people around, we have a lot of fun and joke around and have fun together. I love my dad.

Mom - When I was little, my dad and I were very close. Before I was born, he had been a professional actor. He was in some movies and in the TV series Mr. Novack and in a pre-Broadway show called There Must Be a Pony. Years later, they made There Must Be a Pony into a TV movie. When I was in 3rd grade, my Dad started doing community theater. I liked to go to rehearsals with him and to as many performances of the show as possible. When I was older, I did some community theater too, but not as much as my Dad. I was in a few shows that my Dad directed and we were in a few shows together as well. We also went around to see a lot of shows at ohter community theaters too. Sometimes, my Mom went. Sometimes, she didn't. I mean there is good community theater, but there is also a lot of bad community theater too. My Mom could only take so much of it so a lot of the time I was the one who ended up going with my Dad. My Dad has the best sense of direction of anyone I know. That is one thing I certainly didn't inherit from him. I have a terrible sense of direction. When I was still living with my parents whenever I needed to go any place I was unfamiliar with my Dad helped me figure out how to get there. Now, my husband helps me find places when I need to. He doesn't have as good a sense of direction as my Dad but it is better than mine. Over all, since I got married and had kids of my own, I haven't been as close to my Dad as I was when I was child. I have actually gotten closer to my Mom as I have gotten older. I guess I can related to her better now that I am a wife and mom too. Of course, I still love my Dad too though, and I still wouldn't have wanted any other Dad.

And that's our view. What's your favorite thing to do with your Dad?