I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 30, 2013

Seafood

Me - Seafood, maybe wow. I like some seafood but not that much. In fact, I am sure there is plenty of seafood I have never heard of. I eat lox.  I like to put a ton of it on my bagel. Everyone always gets mad at me and says I don't leave any for anybody else. I like shrimp. One time my Dad forced me to eat a sample in Sam's. I didn't like it at first, but now I do. I like tuna fish with lots and lots of mayo. My cat, Gigi loved tuna fish too. Whenever she smelled it, she would come running. She sometimes would eat food off the floor, but not as much as a dog. She would sometimes comes running when somebody was eating, but not all the time like a dog. Most of the time when we are sitting at the table eating she just ignored us. However, whenever anybody was eating tuna, she immediately came running. I like New England clam chowder. I have never had Manhattan clam chowder, but I like the creaminess of New England clam chowder. My Dad loves seafood. He is obsessed with crab cakes. He loves it more than I have ever seen him love any other food, and he loves a lot of different foods. Now, he used to use his love of crab cakes to annoy my friend and I. We'd ask his favorite food and he'd say  "Crab Cakes". He'd says his second favorite food was crab cakes too. He'd  says his third favorite food was crab cakes too. He'd says his fourth favorite was steamed crab. It was so annoying that it made me not ever want to hear about crab cakes again.

Mom - I hate seafood. My girls don't like it that much either. I only like tuna fish and clam chowder. The tuna fish has to be out of a can and has to have lots and lots of mayonaise so it doesn't taste like fish. The clam chowder has to be New England because I love that creamy taste. I like New England clam chowder by itself. I also like it over spaghetti. Melia likes the seafoods I like and a few other things. Aurella only likes lox and fish sticks. I used to like fried clams, but I haven't eaten that in years. My husband likes a lot of different kinds of seafood. He doesn't get to eat a lot of it though because we never have it in the house since the girls, and I don't like it. He could get it for himself, but he usually doesn't. He grew up in Maryland, and he really likes crabs. When I was little, I didn't like lobster because I didn't like things that still look like they used to when they were alive when you are eating them. I still am not crazy about that, but I don't dislike lobster just because of that. I just don't like the taste of it.Also, they are too much trouble to eat.  I remember once when we were little my parents were eating lobster my sister kept covering them because she said they were looking at her even though they didn't really have any eyes anymore. Anyway, when it comes to surf and turf, you can keep your surf, and I'll just stick to turf.

And that's our view. What kind of seafood do you like?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment