I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Nancy Drew and the Bobbsey Twins

Me - Nancy Drew and the Bobbsey Twins, wow! I love mystery books. I love Nancy Drew. I have read some of the older Nancy Drew books as well as some of the newer ones. I like the Nancy Drew movie too. Nancy Drew is really brave. I don't think I could ever be that brave. I don't have a favorite Nancy Drew book. I like them all about the same. I like the Bobbsey Twins too. I read books 1 -12. My Dad got them for me. My favorite characters are Nan, the older sister and Flossie, the younger sister. Flossie and her twin brother, Freddie are really cute. Nan and her twin brother, Bert are really smart. It is hard to believe that kids could really solve mysteries, but I still like the books.

Mom - I have always enjoyed mysteries. The first mystery series I read when I was young was Nancy Drew by Caroyln Keene. Of course, I learned later that there wasn't really a Carolyn Keene. The Nancy Drew books where just one of the series of books written by the group that also did  The Hardy Boys, and the Bobbsey Twins among others. I enjoyed the Bobbsey Twin books as well, but I was never really into the Hardy Boys.  I didn't really like reading books that were only about boys. However, knowing there really wasn't any Carolyn Keene or Laura Lee Hope didn't make the books any less enjoyable. There was a time in my life when I was particularly in to Nancy Drew books. When I picked them up, I literally couldn't put them down. I would read through a whole book a day. Other books by the same group were The Rover Boys, Tom Swift, The Dana Girls, Tom Swift Jr. and The Happy Hollisters. I did read The Happy Hollisters, but I never read any of the others. Some of the series I never even heard if until I was already older. The original Nancy Drew books were written in the 1930's although a lot of the books were later updated. However there have been various other Nancy Drew series books over the years, and of course, there was Nancy Drew the TV series starring Pamela Sue Martin in the late 1970s and later Nancy Drew the movie starring Emma Roberts in 2007.

And that's our view. Did you or do you enjoy Nancy Drew and/or the Bobbsey Twins or any of the similar series? Why or why not?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment